-9-

Jinyoung's thumb caressed Mark's cheek softly. His eyes scanned his features -- his large eyes staring at him in anticipation, his rabbit-like nose that had turned a light pink due to the chilly weather, and his plump pink lips which Jinyoung rested his eyes on. 

"Don't say anything.", he said before he leaned in for a kiss which took Mark slightly aback. In all their years of being together, Jinyoung was never the bold one to make the first move. It was even Mark who kissed him first and they both knew it wouldn't be the younger who would initiate something so much greater. 

Jinyoung held Mark's face in both his hands, pressing himself onto his torso and his lips firmly onto the elder's into a slightly open mouthed kiss. He felt himself melt into it, his chest starting to bubble up in a euphoria of some sort. Before he knew it, his pace was beginning to quicken and small moans escaped his throat. 

Mark who had instantly responded to the younger's kiss had begun to feel overwhelmed by his strange behaviour, attempting to make him stop by turning his head away and with a firm hand on his chest. 

"J-Jinyoung, wait.", he started but failed to tame him. 

"Stop!", he said in a louder voice, this time managing to push the younger off of him and onto his back, Mark landing on top of him. 

For a few seconds, they remained in this position staring into one another's eyes and breaths heavy. It seemed to Mark that Jinyoung had forgotten about his calm and humble composure having been so bold. 

"What's gotten into you?", Mark asked. Jinyoung turned his head away to his left, avoiding eye contact. The elder followed his gaze, almost brushing their noses together. 

"I-I don't know. I don't remember the way I would...", he trailed off. 

Mark raised a brow, "...the way you would what?"

Jinyoung hesitated for a second before responding, "...the way I-I would express how I f-feel about you."

The elder softened his look, his lips parting slightly. Before the accident, their ways of expression would happen to be small gestures and acts of love like homemade meals, nights in which happened to be Mark's favourite, and even stealing quick hugs and kisses. They had never reached that point in their relationship considering Jinyoung wanted to be traditional and Mark of course respected that.

"Goodness, you've been so good to me. How is it that I've forgotten how it feels to be loved this hard?", Jinyoung said softly. The elder, still on top of him, sighed lightly and ran the back of his fingers on his cheek. 

"I admit it's unfortunate that out of everything I'm the one thing you forget but I'll respect your boundaries, Jinyoung. There are other ways of showing your love and gratitude." (ok that was cheesy sorry) 

"But I wanna.", the younger male said boldly, now facing Mark. 

"Mark, I've lived this whole life but I can't remember any of it. I'm an outcast in our group of friends, I still forget the names of the kids at my daycare, and I can't even remember what my damn usual was at the coffee shop. How can I stop feeling like I don't even belong in my own life?"

Mark looked down at his significant other in pity which was one of the last things Jinyoung needed. On the other hand, he was still glad that this was another chance given to him after their fight on the night of the accident. He still thought of the look on Jinyoung's face when he caught Mark and a stranger at the club. However, he wasn't going to blow his second chance.

"Maybe I can help.", Mark said, wrapping his arm under Jinyoung's torso and lifted him up slightly so their chests could meet. He softly nudged Jinyoung's jaw with his nose as if to tell him to shift his head, and buried his own into the crook of his neck. There, his soft lips made contact with the younger's milky skin which he kissed lightly. 

"I-I thought you--"

"Don't say anything.", Mark interrupted, the feeling of guilt almost eating at him which he chose to push to the back of his mind as his kisses on Jinyoung were becoming rougher. 

The smell of coffee and the sound of the fire alarm going off woke Jinyoung early in the morning. He rushed out of bed, grabbed the nearest bath robe, and ran down the stairs all to see Mark standing on a stool and waving a rag at the beeping alarm.

"Good morning.", he said once he had noticed Jinyoung's presence, who had his brows in furrowed lines. 

"I was trying to make breakfast but I forgot about the toaster."

~

Despite the mishap earlier that morning, the two had still managed to eat their breakfast in peace, stealing shy glances at one another. They enjoyed the cozy atmosphere in the small kitchen and even the now burnt toast which Jinyoung had suggested they still eat as to not waste any food. 

He was then getting dressed to head off to a staff meeting when he felt a pair of hands fiddle with his collar. 

"We don't need others seeing that.", he heard Mark's voice behind him, referring to the now blue mark on the back of his neck. This statement made the younger smile a little before firmly placing a hand on the older male's cheek for a brief moment. 

Once he had finished with his routine and made his way down the building and into his car, he punched in the address into his phone. 

Upon reaching the fourth stoplight, his thoughts wandered to the events of the night before which made him blush madly. However, this distraction could have gotten him into trouble when he met an abrupt brake once the light turned red. A young woman was crossing the road too early but stopped running when Jinyoung was about to get any closer.

His eyes widened and his breath hitched and she stared at him with a frightened look before proceeding to run. Once he had calmed down, he threw his head back onto his seat. 

This incident had triggered another memory inside his head. One of him running away from something or someone but he couldn't make out what it was. He closed his eyes to see himself running and pushing passed a crowd and the last thing being a car before it hit him.