-7-

YT : TaeCake

"Are you sure I'm not too heavy?", Jinyoung asked Mark for what seemed like the hundredth time. Mark had suggested they take a walk, or a drive in Jinyoung's case since he had been laying inside the hospital for weeks now. The younger insisted he walk on his own but Mark had already gotten a wheelchair prepared so he wouldn't tire himself out. 

"You're fine, Jinyoung.", Mark reassured with a chuckle.

"I can walk, thou--",

"Look there! See their feet under the water?", Mark pointed to two ducks swimming in the small pond behind the hospital. Their webbed feet flapped and kicked the water quickly, in swift motions. A sudden image flashed across Jinyoung's mind -- of his own two feet carrying him at a fast pace across the street. 

"Hey, Mark.", he called while turning his head to his left, gently enough to care for his neck that had just recently healed. 

"What happened before I lost my memory? How'd I get hit by that car?"

Mark averted his gaze from the animals and to the ground. His eyes flickered back and forth between his feet. He couldn't risk telling Jinyoung he was the reason why he got into that accident. That he was running away from Mark when he saw him with someone else. That they had argued that night just because of a selfish phase. 

"You were walking to the bus stop after school.", he lied. 

"Yea, you were on your way to work and I guess that driver was in a rush."

Jinyoung nodded his head slowly, trying to remember the incident with all his might. The breath he didn't know he was holding, escaped and once again his head pounded slightly. He brought a hand to his head, and Mark, a hand to his shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't need to remember everything too quickly.", the elder reassured, making Jinyoung grin and rest his head on Mark's hand. 

"Tell me about us."

~

The two rested on a bench each with a sandwich in hand that Jinyoung's mom had packed beforehand. Mark had just finished telling the story of how they met -- in the first year of college when the literature professor called on Mark to analyze a chapter of Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace, and Jinyoung sitting in the front row, wrote the answer to Nancy's death on a piece of paper and flashed it at him. 

"That does seem like something I'd do.", Jinyoung laughed, covering his mouth with his hand which was a habit of his Mark didn't like since he always wanted to see his smile. 

"Yea, the only way you got me to do my homework was if you met up with me.", the elder shyly admitted. Jinyoung furrowed his brows and chuckled, reaching for Mark's hand. 

"What else? What were our favourite places?"

The elder sighed and looked out into the distance. "Well, we loved hanging out on the football field after a game. It's uh...Where we had our first kiss.", he said quietly, trying hard not to gaze at Jinyoung's pink lips.

This made the younger blush and smile, and he avoided Mark's eyes by playing with the said male's fingers. Mark chuckled a little, planting a soft kiss on Jinyoung's head before resting his head on top of his. 

"Will you teach me? Teach me all I need to know about us -- what we liked, how are dates went, what our late night conversations were about. Everything."

--

filler chapter but eh

ill probably end this book at around chapter 12 or somethaang 

i miss got7 so much wth -- almost been 3 weeks since i saw them :(((