4.0

Keith in MM

-

Morning After

Ebony Latimore

I woke up to the sound of music, coming from the next room. Which was Zoe's room, we didn't get home till 3 am. My phone started vibrating.

I lazily grabbed my phone from my dresser, it was notifications. From the picture we took last night, I chuckled at my face in the picture. Last night was really a ball,

I noticed Kofi, didn't text me. He's probably most likely asleep,
I decided to text him. Our date is on Saturday.

Kof💕

Morning sleepy head.
Delivered

That's when someone knocked on my door. "Come in!" I slightly yelled.

It was Jody, "Is okay if I come in?" She poked her head in.

"Of course," I responded. She tippy toes into my room. And sat at the edge of my bed.

"How did you sleep last night?"

"Great. I'm still a little tired,"

"Long night?"

I nodded, combing my hair back with my fingers. "I remember those days with Joe and I."

"Jody are you implying that you and Pops were getting you're groove on in the 70s,"

"Of course darling, we made a lot of practice before we had 5 children."

"Oh my gosh,"

"I'm serious Ebony, it's good to have fun before you settle down. Because you want to be able to reminisce, about how much of you had fun in you're twenties. No kids, No boyfriends, just plain hanging out with you're friends and making money." She explained "I thought that way, until I met a good man, in about '72 or '73. He was such a gentleman, well put together. I was in love, then boom I get pregnant with Marisol in '74. I thought my life was over 'No more fun ugh, But it wasn't because I got married." She looked at the picture of her and my grandfather.

"I realized that I'm entering in whole other fun and ended up getting pregnant with 4 more kids

"I realized that I'm entering in whole other fun and ended up getting pregnant with 4 more kids. The rest is history," She explained

"All I'm really trying to say is honey you're about to be 21, have fun."

"Okay Jody, I will. Thank you," I smiled, I reached over and hugged her.