14.0

Ebony Latimore

I was sitting in the car, waiting for Kofi. He forgot his wallet, The front door opened "Got it," He got in the car. And put it in the cup holder.

"Why the cup holder?" I laughed.

"It's convenient,"

"Oh okay," I giggled.

We arrived at the park, I just wanted to do something a little normal. We got out the car, and we started walking around

"So about last night.." I said

"What about it?"

"I was just wondering, did you think it was awkward?"

"No not at all, I mean probably between you and Keith but I was good."

"What do you mean me and Keith?"

"I mean the guy still has something for you. I mean by the way he was staring,"

"Oh you saw that too,"

"Yeah, but honestly Ebony. Do you still feel a way about him? I'm cool with you and him being friends. But I just hope it's nothing else,

"No. No. Kofi I'm focused on you, Kofi you make me happy. Like you really do."

"You make me happy too, sometimes it feels like we're not a couple like we're still friends.

"I know right, but that's what we are because we haven't made it official."

"Oh yeah, we haven't. But we can just whenever you want to add the title."

"I mean we can, but I don't want to move too fast Kof. Kof you're a actor, and so many eyes are on you. So many women throw themselves at you. I just want to take it nice and slow," I explained. "But, that doesn't mean we can't show affection to each other."

"I'm fine with that, and I'm glad we talked about this. Because we needed this conversation,"

We were walking and I seen by a cotton candy stand. My eyes lit up like a little kid on Christmas. "Oh my goodness, I haven't had cotton candy in soo long,"

"Let's get it then," We walked to the cotton candy stand, and Kofi ended up buying my one. I got blue, because it's my favorite.

I took a piece off, and I put it in my mouth

I took a piece off, and I put it in my mouth. I looked at Kofi and he was staring at me,

"What?"

He laughed and shook his head. "You're funny,"

"How?" I said taking another piece off,

"Just the way you're face lit up seeing it,"

"Yeah, it's favorite. I'm a little kid at heart," I grabbed another piece,

"Speaking of kids. How's your mom?"

"Oh she's fine, I'm happy for her and Jason. They're expecting their first child together,"

"How many are there of you again?"

"Well I have 2 sisters on my moms side. Erin is 17, and Elana is 14."

"3 girls, I thought you had 2 brothers?"

"Yes I do. On my father's side, when my dad passed. They're moms and my mom kept in contact for a little bit, but one of they're moms just stop talking to us. And the other one, we talk during holidays. So yeah," I explained

"Wow. On the brighter side what do you hope you're mom's having?"

"Well she never had a boy, and always wanted a boy. So a boy, she always wanted one with my dad. But you know, so how's your fine brothers?"

"They good, just chilling."

"You're mom and dad?"

"Great, I'm working on trying to buy them a house."

"Aw. I'm proud of you babe. You're doing good."

"Thank you," When we were walking, I gave him a piece of my cotton candy. I feed it to him, he almost but my fingers.

I jerked my hand back, "You almost bit my fingers. You freak,"

"Ha,"

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the park. We took a couple cool pictures. I just love how we were able to spend quality time with one another without phones.

It was getting dark, so I just wanted to go home. He drove me back home on the way, back we listened to The Thrill by Miguel.

I rolled down the window and the wind blew through my hair. My curls were blowing all over the place. But it felt good, I looked at the sunset. Just beautiful,

We arrived at the house, he parked in the driveway. I didn't really want to leave, but I promised Ella I would go to her studio session with her tomorrow.

"Thank you Kof,"

"Your Welcome," I kissed his cheek. I got out the car, and I walked up to my door. Before I opened my door. I turned around and waved at him.

He waved back and back up out my driveway, I got my key out of my purse. I opened the door, it was about to be 8. So they should be up, I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

No one was downstairs, I went upstairs. I walked upstairs and I was about to walk to my room. Until I see Jody and Joe with face masks on watching Wendy Williams in they're pajamas. "Uh?" I questioned

"Hi Eb," Joe waved

"Hey..." I gave a awkward wave, I walked in my room. I threw my purse down and such. I walked in my bathroom, and did my hygiene.

I walked out my bathroom, and got in my bed. I turned on my lamp.

I grabbed my phone, and I decided to FaceTime Keith.

He picked up at the second ring, "Ebony?" He looked confused when he saw my face,

"Hey Keith," I awkwardly smiled. He smiled, "It's odd that you're calling ya boy, bougie ass."

"I'm not bougie, I just prefer you to call me first,"

"It wasn't always like that Ebony,"

"I remember, when you would always call me whining about seeing me."

"Not true,"

"True, call anyone that went to college with us. And they would tell you, matter fact call Rymia. She would know."

"Don't disturb my friend."

"So how's your little boyfriend?" He asked chewing on some veggie straws. I was taken back by what he said. But I'm about to flip it some how since he wants to mention.

"Haha, you're funny. But here where you messed up Keith. I'm single baby, he's just my friend. My question to you is that, why are you so concern Tyree?"

He was quiet, "Stop assuming."

"I apologise for assuming."

"You're forgiving,"

"But Ebony, I was wondering if you would go out with me Tuesday?" He asked. I was in shocked in my head, like did this negro really ask me. We just started back talking, so why would he just want to ask me..

----

Hi, I've updated. Because I just wanted too.

But thoughts?

Vanwrites 💙