22.0

EBONY

We arrived to the park.. Which was weird, because I wouldn't expected that. "The park?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah. Leave your phone," He unbuckled his seatbelt, and got out the car. "Hm," I put my phone under my seat. And I unbuckle mine as well, and got out. He got a cooler and a blanket out the truck.

I just stared at him, "Are we gonna stand here or go to the park?" He asked. He waved his hand,

"Yeah.." We started walking to the grass surprisingly it wasn't that many people here at the park today.

"This is a good spot," He put the cooler down, and unfolded the blanket and laid it on the sand. He sat down, I just stood and looked at him.

I sat next to him, he was looking at the water. "Kofi.." I called his name,

"Mhm?" He looked at me, I just feel so guilty. And Kofi is literally so sweet, "I'm sorry, I-

"Don't have to apologize, it's fine."

"But Kofi-

"Ebony it's fine, I just want to spend time with you. Because.. I have to relocate, for Queen sugar completely. I have to move to New Orleans."

"Kofi.."

"It's fine, I know it's disappointing. But it's what I signed up for. And honestly I think it's going to good, you know."

"When are you leaving?"

"Month or so. New Orleans is cool though I have some family down there, and friends. Im going to be living in a nice area,"

"Kofi.. I don't want you to leave, you and my family are like the only people. I have,"

"You can move with me? You know, in New Orleans you can find you a old building and start a business in hair or whatever you like to do. But that's only for you to decide, we can do long distance. I'll come here, after filming is done."

"I don't know,"

"Come closer," He said

I scooted closet to him, he put his arm around my shoulder. I grabbed his face, and brought his face to mine. Kissed his lips, I gave him a few pecks in between.

"Thank you."

"What do you mean?" He chuckled. "For being my man," I smiled.

8 months later

EBONY

I lifted up from the bed, I rubbed my eyes. Hearing my alarm going off, I grabbed my phone and turned my alarm off. I got off the bed, and I walked in the bathroom. "Oh crap, I left my phone in on the bed."  I opened the shower door, and turned on my shower. I stripped from my shorts and Kofi's shirt. I got in the shower.

I've been in NOLA, for about 5 days visiting Kofi. Staying at his place, tomorrow is my last day here, I'm kind of sad. Yet, excited because I have a upcoming photo shoot when I go back home. It's a new year, and no more taking days off.

I finished my quick shower, I grabbed my towel from the rack. I wrapped it around me, and I went over to the sink and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom and looked in the drawer for a outfit. I picked out something simple nothing too extra. After I finished putting on my clothes, I walked back into the bathroom. Took off my bonnet, and shook my hair out from the pineapple it was in. I walked back into the bedroom, and I reach across the bed, with my feet kind of hanging off of the floor. I grab my phone, and I stood on my two feet.