19.0

Ebony Latimore

"Black and White or Black and Gold?" Ella asked me, holding the balloons.

"Black and White," I answered. She threw it, in the cart. We were shopping, for the house. "Ella, why do we need balloons?"

"Uh? I'm throwing John a mini birthday party."

"Y'all are nasty," I cringe

"Whatever. Don't worry about me and my mans, you need to worry about doofy and dumbass."

"Okay you're didn't even have to go there, and who's who?"

"Oh Keith is doofy and dumbass is Kofi."

"Wow, creative names."

"I know," she smiled, we got in line. "How's the YouTube channel going?"

"It's good, I got about 1k views. And positive feedback,"

"You're reaching hun."

"Yeah, but it's all because Kofi's post."

"Oh, hm."

We finished checking out, and we were on our way home. We turned on the radio.

I was on my phone, scrolling through my Instagram. And I looked on my explore. I seen Keith's page pop up, I decided to look at it.

He posted a picture with him Rachel, Tatiana, and Maci. I liked it, I decided to follow Keith.

We got home, we were in Ella's room. His party is in 4 days, "I don't know whether to straighten my hair or keep it curly.." Ella taking her hair out the braids.

"Umm, keep it curly." I suggested.

She nodded, Zoe walked in the room. "Hey Zoe," I greeted. She sat on Ella's bed. "Hey," she responded

"Ella," she called

"Yes?"

"I don't think I can go to John's party?"

Ella turned around, "Why?"

"Because, I have work and Rakim has a really important event, he wants me to go."

"Okay, that's fine. Go ahead and support your boo."

"I'm sorry Ella,"

"It's fine,"

Zoe got off her bed, and walked out. "I still can't believe, my baby sister is growing up."

"I know right, then Erin is about to graduate. I feel old,"

"Same....Finish." Her hair was completely out the braids.

"Let's wash this thang," She got up from her seat, and we walked in to the bathroom.

We were sitting in the bathroom, and we Ella was deep conditioning her hair. We were playing music, on her Alexa. Bad - remix feat Rihana. That's when I received a text from, Keith.

Can we talk? I know, you're still trying to figure out what happened. But ignoring me is not going to get anywhere.

I read it, but I'm not going to respond. I just can't, I don't want to talk right now. That's how I simply feel. I'm not even over it, yet. Like he just kissed me, and I liked it. I just really don't want to go there.

"Why are you looking at you're phone so hard?" Ella questioned

I gave her, the side eye. "Keith texted me,"

"Oh Doofy? About what?"

"What happened on the date?"

"Girl, suck it up. Why would you go on a date with you're ex? And get surprised when something romantic happens. See you stupid."

"Ella.."

------

The party

It was John's party, everyone was here

It was John's party, everyone was here. Literally everyone, It was so packed.

I was sitting on the couch, drinking my juice. It seem like everyone was having a good time. That's when I seen John and Ella. Walked over to me, "Hey," I smiled

I stood up and gave John a hug, "Happy Birthday,"

"Thank you, Thank you."

"I'm so glad, everyone came." Ella said

"It shows how much everyone loves John."

"Yeah," He started grinning, "Some more people are here, we'll see you later. Eb,"

"Alright," They walked away. I'm so happy for John. He has really grew, from last time I seen him. He just graduated from school, and he just started writing and he did short films for a while. And he got picked up, every since then. He's been doing it,

That's when some people walked in, and I seen Rachel, Tatiana, Keith, Dom, Darius.

They were greeted by John and Ella. I can't believe he came, I really hope they don't see me. That's when I see John pointing at me.

I sighed. That's when they walked over to me, "Hey Ebony," Rachel greeted.

I stood up and gave her a hug, "Hey Tatiana," I hugged Tatiana. We release the hug, "You look so cute," Rachel complemented.

"Thank you. Hey Dom and Darius." I smiled. They gave me a nod,

"Hey Eb.." Keith mumbled, he bit his bottom lip.

"Hi..Keith," I greeted awkwardly. A awkward silence was beginning to creep up, "So who's you're new friend?"

"I'm Georgie, I'm Keith's co star slash John's buddy." She put her hand out for a hand shake

"Ebony," I shook her hand.

"Leave it up to John to having another lit party. That never disappoints," Tatiana looked around.

"Yup, that's John for ya." I laughed

"Ebony!" John called my name, I turned around and they were waving at me to come over there.

"Excuse me, John is calling."

"It's fine girl, we'll be here."

I walked over there, and I seen Ella and John talking to someone.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked. They turned around and they were talking to Kofi.

"Oh surprise," Kofi smiled.

---

Hey y'all, I been gone for a while. But here's a update, I managed to get out,

I'm not really feeling this book anymore, I feel like it lacks so much of everything. And I just can't start over, I don't know what I should do honestly.

But I do want to finish it, so don't get sad. But I just wanted to be honest with y'all on why the updates been delayed.

But thoughts?

Do you think Ebony really doesn't want to be with Keith or just a front?

#TeamKofi or #TeamKeith ?

Much love
Van💙