15.0

"But Ebony, I was wondering if you would go out with me Tuesday?" He asked. I was in shocked in my head, like did this negro really ask me. We just started back talking, so why would he just want to ask me..

Keith Powers

She bit her bottom lip I hope she says yes. "Sure..But no funny business Powers,"

"I got you,"

"So I heard that about you're career dude. You're doing good,"

"Thank you, how's modeling?"

"Uh, terrible."

"What do you mean?"

"Terrible, I'm not doing anything. I literally have nothing going on."

"Why is that? Ebony you have a whole degree you finished fucking college."

"I know Keith, but I'm not cut out to model."

"But Ebony, you're super smart. You know what you should do.."

"What?"

"Since you are into hair and beauty stuff in general. Start your own business, help girls that are struggling."

"How would I even put that in to play,"

"Eb, stop and think. Stop doubting yourself, I know you can do it."

"Thank you Keith, you're very kind."

"You're welcome, and I know."

"Just know how to ruin a good moment."

Ebony and I talked for a little bit, and we got off of FaceTime. It felt like that didn't happened 3 years. Because it felt normal, like she's still the same girl. Still caring, smart, witty, as always. I still have love for her honestly,

I want to move on, because I can't keep holding on. I know she'll never want to get back with me. Maci is cool, but Maci and I don't share really a connection.

Next Morning

I had to go to a meeting about the premiere of my new show Famous in Love.

Georgie da boolest

Don't be late homie.

Ebony

Good luck.

I smiled, she texted me. I really appreciate it.

Ebony Latimore

I had to wake up at 6 in the morning, just to go to this damn studio with Ella.

I was sitting on the couch, with my hood over my head. And sunglasses,

Ella was just so mesmerized from just being here. I am proud of her,

I looked over on of the other side of the couch and seen Zoe curled up and asleep.

"Are you guys really that tired?" She questioned with her hands on her hip.

I nodded,

"I just can't wait till to record, like just waiting 5 minutes is bothering me. I just really want to do my thing, it might not be the best thing. But I want to finally showcase my talent,"

"Amen," I nodded.

That's when John came in, "Hey baby," He kissed Ella, then they start getting dirty right here.

"Get a room," I mumbled.

They broke the kiss, "Shut up miss sleepy head."

The engineer and the producer came in. They started getting busy, as soon as they came in. They start messing around with different beats, and trying out different songs for her to sing.

"Ella why don't you do this one?" John asked

"Babe, I want something that's going to bang." Ella said

"Girl if you don't pick a song, do boo'up or something." Zoe said.

"Okay, I got it." She stood up, and walked in the booth. They turned on the beat and she went to work. It sounded so good, she finished her song. We all started clapping

"YESSSSS ELLA!" I yelled.

She took off her head phones and walked out. I got up and gave her a hug. "You did amazing,"

"I'm not getting up, but you did great sis."

---
Later that day

Zoe and I were back home, playing uno with Joe and Jody. "Draw 4," Jody slapped down the card. On top of Joe's draw 2, "Draw 2," I put down. You thought I was going to draw 6.

"DAMNIT!" Zoe yelled. I grabbed the deck, and I start giving her. Her 8 cards, "This is so bs."

Jody slapped her hand, "Watch ya mouth, I know you're mad. But you know the rules,"

I giggled, Zoe gave me the side eyed. "You know what..I QUIT!" She got up, and ran upstairs

"Wait you forgot to bring your 20 cards with you," Joe said.

"You're so petty," I laughed. Joe shrugged his shoulders. My phone started ringing. "I'll be back,"

I got up and and went into the kitchen. "Hello?"

"Hey Ebony,"

"Hey Kofi, what's up babe?"

"Nothing just wanted to talk to you."

"Oh. About what?"

"Well I'm leaving this week, to go to New York."

"Oh okay, that's not bad. When will you be back?"

"They said I might have to be there for 2 Weeks. Depending on if I get done with everything."

"Oh okay, well can I see you before you leave. "

"I'll try, but if not. I'll make it up to you when I get back."

"Okay, well I have a uno game to finish. I'll call you later babe."

"Okay, bye Ebony."

"Bye babe," I hung up, I walked in the family room. They were on they're phone's.

"Joe I know you don't have a iPhone 4. That tiny phone,"

"I tried to convince him to get at least a 6."

"Don't worry about my phone, if I can call and text. And play slots I'm fine."

"Okay, I digress." I said.

"Mhm, y'all with those tablets to your ear."

-----

So thoughts on this chapter?

And guys do me a favor and check out JAMES a new book. If you don't I'll will never write a chapter be for this book again

Jp, or am I?

Vanwrites💙