17.0

I pulled up at the beach, I was caught off guard. Because he said nothing about a beach,

Good thing I wore flip flops. I walked out with my phone but and purse. I seen him, standing at the the boardwalk. I walked up there,

"Hey Keith," I greeted.

"Hey Eb,"

"So the beach..."

"Oh I didn't mention we were going to the beach,"

"Not at all," I shook my head.

"You look nice," We started walking, "Thank you, you do too. The mustache is starting to work for you."

"I know," He started feeling himself,

"You're so ugly," We started to walk. "So how is it being Keith Powers?"

"What you mean?"

"Just starting to be recognized by the acting world. I know it's gotta be overwhelming."

"I mean at times, just having more people start watching me. Is so mind blowing, but I mean I signed up to do this. And I'm grateful to be in this position."

"I'm proud of you, I really am. You grown so much, since college. And it's weird to see you like this,"

"Thank you. But Ebony you really could be doing things."

"I know,"

"You ain't got any ideas up there, in that creative brain of yours."

"I do, but how am I going to present it. How am I going to get it out there,"

"I'll help you,"

"You will?" I raised my eyebrow,

"Of course,"

"Oh.. Tha-

"Don't thank me,"

"Okay,"

We continued to walk down the boardwalk and I ended up getting a snow cone. "I seen you post a picture about your mom Tell her I said Congratulations,"

"I will, she actually asked about you."

"She did?"

"Yes, she actually got upset at me because of what happened. She really liked you,"

"Wow,"

"Yeah, she's actually glad we patch things up."

"I'm so surprised, that you're mom still likes me."

"I mean why wouldn't she, your a decent human." We walked on to the beach.

"Thanks.." I gave him a tap on the neck and I ran away. He chased after me.

Eb, you what I'm to asked don't get nervous or anything." He said.

"Okay."

"If I didn't leave, do you think we would still be together."

I cleared my throat, I didn't expect that question.

"I-I honestly don't know. Probably I mean, you still lied. But I think so, I mean you were really someone I cared about, I still do. Because you helped me out in a major way. Even though I was upset at you. But I'm just being honest. You can't change the past, so what's done is done."

"Yeah.. Eb I never lost love for you. If we're being honest, you're the first girl that I been with. That I would always love and have love for."

I nodded just astonished, by what he's telling me. Like I don't know,

I looked at the waves of the water, the sun was about to go down. I felt his eyes on me. I looked over at him, we locked eyes. I'm starting to get that feeling that I haven't felt in forever. He started to lean in, closer. Our lips touched, and I gave in. I kissed him, i haven't felt these in a long time.

He pecked my lips, before we let go. He pecked them one more time, we let go.

I opened my eyes, it's reality. I realized I can't do this, I immediately got up. And I grabbed my stuff and I started to walk away.

"EBONY?!"

I started to walk faster, I needed to get out of there.

I arrived home, I walked in and everyone was downstairs. They looked at me, I ran upstairs.

"Mhm, told her ass." Ella mumbled.

I ran in my room and shut the door. I can't believe I let him kiss me. What about Kofi? I'm not about to let this guilt eat me up, but we're not together?

---

Thoughts?

How do you feel about the kiss? Ella is low-key a psychic.

Should Ebony tell Kofi? Why or why not.