Chapter 1

Zane slowly walked on the beach shore after being forced out of the house by his brother Garroth. Garroth has been complaining about Zane only staying inside and being on his laptop for the whole time they got to Starlight.

Zane looks over at the ocean, the water was a beautiful bright glistening clear blue with people swimming around, having fun. Zane looks over to two familiar people who were standing on the sand. A girl with short raven hair, sunkiss skin, and wearing a red breezy dress. Standing next to her was a tall male werewolf, wearing nothing just swim shorts and an open purple vest.

They were Zane's closes friends, Aphmau and Aaron, who were such a happy and beautiful couple. Zane smiles under his mask and walks over to them, "Hey guys, what are you doing?" Zane asks as Aaron sets down two towels. Aphmau smiles excitedly, "Aaron's going to teach me how to swim!" she answers.

What great parenting skills Sylvana...

Zane thought to himself, everyone knowing full well that the reason why Aphmau never learned how to swim, was due to Sylvana, her mother, traumatizing her by saying there are sharks in every and any open water.

"Are you sure you're ready for the ocean?" Zane questions. Aaron has been trying teaching her how to swim at the house, where there's a pool on the roof but she's still isn't able to keep herself to float. So, she's basically on step one.

Aphmau just smiles, seeming confident of herself, "Yeah, Aaron has been teaching me!" She states, to which doesn't make Zane feel any worry that Aphmau will drown. Zane knows very well that Aaron will do anything to protect Aphmau. After everything that happened back at the lodge, if Aphmau died from drowning, then that'll just a hilarious way to go after everything.

Zane looks over to Aaron, his eye immediately falling on the scares on his chest, bringing back horrible memories. Zane felt his body start to tremble and a nervous pit form in his stomach when remembering the pain everyone went through. Aaron falling off the cliff, Aphmau slashing at his chest, Ein slapping Aphmau across the face and all he did was stare behind his eyes greens.

Green eyes...

Zane groans in pain when feeling a sudden headache as if remembering everything, especially the green eyes were too much for him to handle. "Zane, are you alright?" Aphmau asks worryingly, reaching her hand out to him. Zane just puts his hand up to stop her and nods, "Yup, I think it's just the heat," Zane lies.

"You should join us in the water," Aaron suggests, holding a donut shape floaty which made Zane chuckle but before Zane could answer, he got distracted by seeing two other familiar faces walking over to them. The two were Melissa, Aaron's older sister, and Blaze, a friend of Aphmau's and Aaron since high school.

"Aaron, Aphmau, Scarfdude!!" Blaze greets happily, carrying a styrofoam takeout container. Blaze can be described as a very energetic person, who's really kind and would drop anything and everything to help someone in need. His hair is bright red and he had heterochromia, meaning his eyes were two different colors. His right eye being green and his left being blue, although he was told this due to him being colorblind.

Zane groans in frustration, hating the nickname Blaze has given him. Thinking it was stupid and doesn't make much sense since he wears a mask, not a scarf. How could he in this heat especially. "My name is Za- actually, why bother," Zane says, cutting himself to correct Blaze, knowing that Blaze will just ignore him and continue to call him by the nickname as he's done, many times.

"Do you wanna go swimming with us?" Aaron asks, "After I finish my tacos," Blaze explains, opening the styrofoam container and reveals two crunchy tacos. Blaze sits down on the sand as Melissa lies down on her towel with sunglasses on. "No thanks baby bro, I'm going to tan. You should to Zane," Melissa says jokingly and somewhat mockingly to Zane. Although Zane can't blame her, he can admit that he's abnormally pale, but he doesn't care.