Seeing America

Please read: so I decided not to kill of Amberly I just loved her character so much but everyone else who died in the book is still dead just not Amberly

Maxon's POV

It has been a week since I found out America was coming. And no matter how hard I tried I could not get her out of my head. She was there.Constantly!Reminding me of the biggest mistake of my life.
Not choosing her.
Right now I was pacing outside of the Great Room, Debating if I should go inside. I would be in the same room as America for the first time in three years. I would get to see her agin. At that thought a smile forms on my face and I walked into the room. And there she was.
America was on the stage getting ready to sing. She looked more beautiful than ever.
Our eyes meet and for the first time in a long time, my heart clenched. It felt like we where the only two people in the room. I smiled at her. But all too soon she looked away and started her song. Her voice has as lovely as I remember . Then I noticed that Kriss was walking over to me.
"Would you like to dance" she asked.
"Of course my dear."
She wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed mine around her waist.
"I love you Maxon" Kriss says.
"I love you too dear" but I don't know if I meant it.
We start to sway to the music.
I looked back to America and she was looking at us. When she noticed I saw her starring she looked away.
After the songs were over Kriss went back to her group of friends and she called America over to join them. I thought about maybe going back to work I got to see America that's all I wanted. I looked back in her direction and saw two young children running toward her.
The boy had blond hair and the girl had light brown hair. They where calling her 'mommy' and clinging to her legs. And America was looking at them in a way I have only seen a mother give her children.
Was America a mother?
If she was did that mean she was married?
I was going to leave the room but I thought I should at least tell America she did a spectacular job on stage. What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't?
I walked over to where Kriss and her friends were talking.
"Maxon!" Kriss says wrapping her arms around me and planting a quick kiss on my lips. America lowers her head like she was trying to look invisible
"Hello dear" I said to Kriss
"And hello ladies." My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst. I was so exited to be this close to America. I looked at her children and saw little pieces of America in them. I saw that the girl had Americas nose and lips. I could not see much of her in the boy though.They were trying to hide behind America. I smiled to myself and bent down so I was at eye level with them.
"Hello" I said to them.
The girl smiled shyly. While the boy just tried harder to hide behind America.
I laughed to myself. They were so cute.

America's POV

I was listening to Kriss tell another story about her wonderful life with Maxon. When I saw he was heading our direction. I stood taller and tried to slow down my heart beat.
"Maxon!" Kriss said.
She wrapped him in her arms and kissed him. I ducked my head trying not to stare.
"Hello dear" I tried not to laugh. What was it with him and calling girls 'my dear'
"Hello ladies" he said addressing the rest of us.
He looked down, and I noticed he was looking at Eadlyn and Ahren. I started to panic I just hope he does not notice that they look like him or that they are in the right age group to be his children.
The twins clung to my leg trying to hide. Maxon started chuckling and bent down so he was at eye the level with the twins.
"Hello" he said and my heart clenched. I always imagined the twins meeting there father. And even though Maxon didn't know they where his twins and they didn't know he was there father this moment was very special to me and them. I decided I should at least introduce them to each other.
"This is Eadlyn" I say to Maxon
He looks up at me shocked that I said something.
" And this shy one is Ahren" I say prying Ahren off my leg and picking him up.
Maxon smiled.
"Well hello Eadlyn and Ahren it nice to meet you." As he gets of his knees.
Eadlyn grabbed my hand.
"I'm Maxon" he says.
Ahren holds onto me tight and Eadlyn moves closer to me.
"Well I should go home it's WAY best the twins bedtime"
"No please don't go America!" Kriss whines
"I would love to but I can't the twins need there sleep."
"You guys can spend the night here in your old room." Kriss says.
"I don't know."
"Come on America." Maxon says.
He bends down agin looking at the twins.
"Hey would you guys want to spend the night at a large palace!" He says
The twins shake there heads excitedly.
"Look at that America they want to spend the night." He says.
I jokingly roll my eyes.
"Fine we can stay."
"Yay!" Kriss says.
Kriss calls over a maid and tell her to take the twins to my old old Selection room.
"Well I should go thank everyone for coming." Kriss says.
She leaves and so does all of the other girls eventually it was just Maxon and I.
"Well I should go check on the twins" I say
"Wait!" Maxon says.
"America... can we talk."

Authers Note
Dun Dun Dun.. ok so not that much of a cliff hanger. But it's exiting all the same. What does Maxon want to talk to her about. Things are getting good 😊. Thanks for reading
~ Alison 🤓✌️🤘✌️
QOTD: who is you favorite Schreave baby
AOTD: Kaden I just like him so much. Maybe because he is so much like Maxon. IDK. Thanks for reading