Kriss

Maxon's POV

"What?" I asked.
"I found out yesterday. I wanted to tell you but you were to consumed with your other two children."
"Kriss... This is amazing!
I always wanted to have children. We had tried to get pregnant before but it never worked. I didn't think Kriss really wanted kids but we needed to have an heir. So she agreed to try. We were about to give up but now...we were going to have a baby. I was ecstatic!
I ran up to her and hugged her and looked at her stomach. I picked her up and twirled her around and placed her down and kissed her agin...and then reality kicked in.
If Kriss was pregnant then I could never be with America.
"Maxon I want to start over, but we can't until America and her kids leave the palace."
"They're my kids to Kriss. And they don't have to leave."
"Yes they do Maxon! At least she does. Everything was fine until America got here."
"Please Kriss. Just let her stay until we figure everything out with the twins."
"I don't know Maxon. She is getting in the way of us."
"But what about Eadlyn and Ahren? They are my children. I need to be a part of there life."
"Maxon you are going to have a baby with me, your wife."
"I know Kriss, but that does not mean I can abandon the twins."
"Maxon can we just change the subject. And enjoy the fact that we're pregnant."
I smiled when Kriss said that. We are going to have a child.

Kriss's POV
Of course I was not actually pregnant. But I was scared that Maxon would leave me for that skank America. But Maxon was a gentlemen, he would never divorce me if I was pregnant.
I didn't really have a complete plan. I figured once America left I would play it out for 2 months and then tell Maxon we lost the baby but I really didn't know how to do that. I knew Maxon would be heart broken but I didn't care. I could not loose Maxon, because if I lost Maxon, I lost the crown.

The next day
America's POV
I finished packing my bags and grabbed the twins. I was ready to leave the palace. I didn't want to leave but I had no choice. I caused to much drama being here.
The worst part is I never got to tell Eadlyn and Ahren who there dad was. I don't know if they will ever get to see Maxon agin. They will probably grow up thinking there dad didn't care about them, when in reality it was my fault that they never got close.
I walked out of the palace with Eadlyn and Ahren. We got into the car and left the palace.

1 hour later
We got home and I got the twins out of the back seat and grabbed our stuff.
We go into the house (given to us by Maxon) and I put the twins to sleep in there rooms.
I go to my room, close the door and brake down.
What happened!
Everything was fine until I went to the palace.
Maxon was happy with Kriss.
My feelings for him where under control.
The only good thing that had happened was I told Maxon about the twins.
But was that a good thing. Now Maxon can take them away from me.
I don't think Maxon cared that I left. He never tried to stop me from leaving. He just let me go.

Maxon's POV
I was walking through the garden trying to figure out me feelings about Kriss being pregnant. I was happy because I was going to get to help raise a child. But devastated because I would have to say goodbye to America.
I didn't want to be with Kriss but I couldn't leave her while she was pregnant no matter how much I loved America.
I decided I should at least tell America what was going on. I left the garden and went to her room.
I knocked on the door but no one answered. I knocked a little louder, but still nothing.
I went into the room and looked around. Nobody was in here. All of America's stuff was gone even the twins stuff.
I went back to the garden to see if she was there, but she wasn't. I went to where the maids quarters were to see if she was with Marlee.
I knocked on Marlee's door.
"Hey Maxon."
"Is America in here."
"No, why?"
"Have you seen her?"
"No, is something wrong?"
"I can't find her anywhere!"
"Calm down Maxon. I'm sure she is around here somewhere."
"She is not! I can't find her anywhere!"
"Maxon please just calm down and I will help you find her."
I didn't realize I was yelling at her and when I did I felt horrible.
"Sorry. Will you please help me find her?"
"Of course Maxon."
We looked in one of the parlors and in the Women's room and even in the kitchen. But America was nowhere!
"How did dinner with her go last night."
"Horrible, I told her I loved her and she ran out of the room."
Marlee's eyes grew.
"She ran out?!"
"Yah! It was awful. I tried running after her and but she only started to run faster. She clearly didn't want to talk to me."
"Maxon... you don't think... that maybe... she...left?"
I panicked shock written on my face.
"No! No no no no! She can't leave!"
I started running back to her room and Marlee tried running behind me.
"Maxon wait! Slow down!"
I kept running until I ran right into Kriss. She stumbled back and fell onto the floor.
"Kriss... sorry."
I helped her up and she dusted herself off. Just then Marlee came around the corner.
"It's okay, I'm fine. Let's just hope you didn't hurt the baby."
"Let's hope."
"I should get going. I have work to do. I love you Maxon."
"Love you to."
Marlee walked up to me.
"What does she mean hurt the baby."
"Kriss is pregnant."
"What!." She whispers. "Since when."
"She told me last night."
"Does America know."
"No, I never got to tell her thats why I was looking for her. "
"Maxon do you know what this means?"
"Yes... I want to be with America so bad but what kind of man would I be to leave Kriss and our child.
"I'm so sorry Maxon."
"It's not your fault Marlee."
"What are you going to do about America?"
"I don't know. I don't want to go after her if I know we can't be together."
"But what about Eadlyn and Ahren. Don't you want to be there for them to."
"Yes."
"Then come on Maxon. Let's go get America."
"You are going?"
"Well duh. She is my best friend."
"Ok let's go."
"Yay!"

Marlee's POV
I was walking near the woman's room when I heard Kriss. I scuffed. I can't believe she was pregnant. America and Maxon are meant to be together and because of Kriss they can't. America has to go with out the love of her life. Maxon didn't have a proper queen. And Eadlyn and Ahren had to go without there father.
Then I saw Kriss. She was drinking wine. I was confused. If she was pregnant then why was she drinking alcohol.
"Hey Marlee!" Kriss says.
"Hello Your Majesty." I said curtsying. I could smell the alcohol on her breath.
"I hate to sound rude Your Majesty but if you are pregnant I don't think it is wise to drink alcohol. It could affect the baby."
"Oh I'm sure it's fine."
That's weird. She was carrying Illeas next heir. You think she would be worried about its health.
"I should go." I say.
Authers Note
I hope you guys enjoyed the story. Make sure to leave a comment if you have any suggestions. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAXON!! I just had to add that sorry.
Thank you for reading
-Alison 🤓✌️🤘✌️
QOTD: how do you feel about Kriss
AOTD: I hate her freakin guts! She is probably my least favorite person in the Selection Series