Chapter 3

Grayson didn't return to school for the rest of the day nor did he give me any information in regards to where he disappeared to. Thus, I had to rely to Margot to give me a ride home.

"Sorry about this," I said to my friend as we stepped out into the chilly October afternoon.

"Don't be sorry. Your house is on my way home anyways." Margot replied as she swatted at a fly whom was buzzing in her face.

"I can't believe we're Seniors now."

"I sure can," Margot began. "High school has been torturous."

"Last year wasn't too bad though, right? You got to meet me." I joked. Margot smiled.

"True, but we all know why you enjoyed Junior year Em."

"What's that supposed to mean."

"Oh c'mon you know what I'm taking about." Margot playfully nudged my arm.

"What?" I asked confused. "Oh you mean Grayson!" My faces flushed a deep red.

"This weekend, we're doing something for your birthday."

"I don't want to-"

Margot cut me off. "No we have to. You're eighteen now! We could have a boat party!"

"A what?" I asked as we pulled out of the Pines High senior lot.

"You know, invite some friends out on your dad's boat." I sent Margot a questioning glance. "It'll be fun! I know I guy who could DJ."

"I guess I could do something. I was supposed to go over to Grayson's tonight to celebrate, but I'm not sure anymore after he ran off during lunch."

"Do you know where he went off to?" Asked Margot.

I thought to myself that it would seem suspicious if I answered truthfully. I didn't know where Grayson went, but it seemed strange to me to say so.

"Ethan's car broke down somewhere just outside of Portland." I lied

"Oh. Then he didn't really 'run off' huh?" Joked Margot.

"No I guess not."

We turned down the long narrow street that led to my house. The house came into sight quickly since o lived in the third house down. There was a black Mercedes parked in the front lawn. Grayson was leaning up against the hood reading a book. Margot pulled her old beat up car into my driveway. "Helping Ethan my ass." She muttered. I couldn't help but to laugh.

Grayson looked over to us, put his book in his back pocket, and sent me a bright smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said to my friend as o stepped out of her car. Margot smiled at me, waved to me and Grayson, and continued driving down the road.

I walked past Grayson straight to the front door. I unzipped the front pocket of my purse, dug the small silver key out, and unlocked my house. He stepped in after me.

"What no 'hello'? Are you mad at me or something?" Grayson asked.

"No just confused. Why'd you leave during lunch?"

I placed my backpack down onto the couch and walked over to kitchen, Grayson hot in my heels.

"Business." He replied whilst he snaked his strong arms around my waist. Gray planted tender kisses down the entire length on my neck.

"I need a better answer than that. Why'd you leave?"

"Kiss me."

Grayson was trying to distract me. With every kiss he planted on my neck's sweet spot, I found it harder to not give in to his request.

"That's coercion. Just tell me."

Grayson let out a huff and released my waist. "Another Coven of New Ages have been found dead."

"What? Another?" I questioned wearily. I could feel my pulse quicken and my head grow light.

Grayson let out a sigh. "They've been disappearing like clockwork. Sorry if I've seen distant, but I've been dealing with a lot."

"You haven't seemed distant. I know what you're dealing with. I know that rebels look up to you."

Grayson brought his lips up to my mine and kissed me passionately. His hands were on either side of my face. Mine were being used to push myself up onto the kitchen counter. Grayson wrapped an arm around my back and pulled me into him as he stepped forward so that there was no space between us. His cold skin was gently touching mine; skin that radiated a certain aura that never ceased to make my heart flutter.

"How long 'till Billy gets home?" Grayson asked.

I pulled away breathless. "Two hours. Why?"

Gray didn't say anything. He only sent me a smirky smile and pushed himself back against my lips.

I was shocked at first, very shocked to be exact. But nonetheless, I continued to go on kissing him.

"Beautiful." He whisper snaking his around me ever so tightly.

Before I could comprehend what was happening, Grayson had picked me off the kitchen counter, carrying me bridal style. I let out a serious of uncontrollable laughs. He continued to pepper kisses all over my face.

My room was upstairs, and he carried me up there never stumbling once like I'd done countless times before.

He laid me down onto the soft mattress brought his lips down to mine once more. Grayson gently bit down onto my bottom lip and pulled it back with his teeth.

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." He smiled and chucked. "It's cheesy but if I could breath, you'd be my air."

I sent him a sarcastic grimace. "Ooh, maybe you shouldn't say that again."

We both laughed.

"The sole purpose of my existence was to meet you." Grayson whispered in my ear.

"Oh really?" I teased.

"Really," he began, "and I mean that wholeheartedly."

"My love for you is inexpressible. I could take the paper from a million trees, write down I love you on every square inch, and that still wouldn't be enough." I stated, eliciting a laugh from Grayson.

"Now that's way too sappy. Deforestation, Em. Ever heard of it?"

"Just shut up."

I leaned up to kiss Grayson once more. The kiss was slow and patient. Innocent.

If I could stay there forever, I would be in eternal bliss.

"Cuddle with me?" Grayson asked. I nodded and he pulled me up to the top of the bed. He placed my head upon his chest, and slept.