Chapter 4

As soon as Billy entered the house through the garage, yelled out "Em, I'm home," and started walking up the stairs to greet me, Grayson had already jumped out of the window, and ran down the street to where he had re-parked his car.

"I'm up here Dad!" I yelled back reaching for the nearest book and re-situating the covers so that he couldn't tell Grayson had been laying next to me. I'd already put my shirt back on, but hadn't buttoned it all of the way. By the sounds coming from the staircase, Billy was already on his way up. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to fix it. So, instead I through my big, fluffy blanket over me and opened the book, Frankenstein, to its midway point.

"Happy birthday Em." He said for the second time today. Billy's hands were pulled behind his back. I knew he was probably holding a gift.

"You told me that earlier." I replied. He pulled his hands from out behind his back revealing a small box. "And I told you no presents."

Billy just smiled and handed me the box. "It's not much really."

I slid the ribbon from around the box and lifted the lid. Inside was a Maine fishing license. "Now that you're over eighteen, you'll need one of these now. I was thinking, maybe we could start going fishing together? I know it's probably lame, going out on the boat at five in the morning with your old man-"

"No Dad it's perfect." I started to reach up to hug him, but remembered I was only halfway wearing a shirt. "I can't get up the rest of the way. Too tired." I joked with an exaggeratory tone.

"I'll let you rest. But you're going over to Grayson's tonight, right?"

"Yeah. I'll probably leave around six. And Dad? I know I wasn't planning on having a party but Margot had this great idea."

"Okay, shoot."

"Could you maybe take me and some friends out on a boat ride Saturday night? I'm sorry I didn't ask you earlier."

Billy scratched his head, seemed to think for a moment, then smiled. "Sure. Happy eighteenth."

A few hours later, Grayson showed up at my house wearing a striped button up and jeans that hugged his legs perfectly.

"Wow you look fantastic." I said feeling as if I was about to faint.

"Same to you," he replied stepping into the house and pulling me into him. "I love this dress." Gray continued kissing my shoulder.

"I'm glad."

I was wearing a knee length black dress that revealed just enough skin. I didn't wear heels for fear I'd trip and embarrass myself, so I stuck with black flats.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

Grayson smiled. "Don't you think I should say something to Billy."

"No need." Billy said as he walked into the foyer. "Nice to see you Grayson. Don't be out too long tonight."

"Of course. I'll have her home before ten."

"Bye dad!" I shouted back to Billy as Gray and I, hand in hand, walked out of the house to his car.

"You're really tempting me with that dress." Gray whispered into my ear as he started up his black Mercedes. "Then again, you could tempt me in a pair of sweats." He bit down onto my ear lightly.

"What about when I'm wearing one of your old band tees?" I whispered back to him.

"When they're just long enough to hide your upper thighs," he kissed down my neck. "Those eyes are so innocent. Lips, so soft. So pure."

I wasn't sure how he wasn't swerving as he drove us down Pines Highway. His eyes never once grazed the road. Perhaps vampires had some sort of inclination, some sixth sense, to be fantastic drivers.

"We need to get married." Muttered Grayson, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"What?" I asked.

Gray moved his lips from my neck. "You heard me. We need to get married."

"Then you're going to change me right?"

"If you wish." He kissed me on the lips this time.

"What, you have no argument?" I questioned.

Grayson sighed. " I want to, I have to, spend the rest of my existence with you. And if the only way to do that is for you to become somewhat like me, a New Age maybe, then so be it."

"Grayson I don't want to me a New, I want to be an Old like you. I want to share every detail of our beings with one another."

We pulled into the driveway of Grayson's house. "The transition is painful."

"That doesn't scare me. So what an hour of some pain?"

Grayson looked me dead in the eyes and placed a gentle hand on the side of my face. "Three days of agonizing pain. Every crevice, every cell of your entire body must be touched by the venom."

"Three days for an eternity with you."

I leaned over, grabbed Grayson's hair, and pulled his lips to mine. "I'm ready for our forever."

"Soon." Gray promised.

45+ Votes for the next chapter! I'll update twice today if I reach this goal

QOTD: I get a lot of comments, but I don't get a ton of PMs. Would anyone like to get to know me better?