Chapter 7

"But we were supposed to be concealed here! Adrian I have to keep Emily safe if anything happens to her I'll die." Grayson exclaimed.

I looked up at him, shocked by his words. He'd just vocalized his undying love for me in front of Adrian. That felt good.

"You're not exactly low profile Grayson. I mean, you're the leader of an entire underground revolution." Adrian said sarcastically.

"What if I were to send Em to my cousins in Washington? The Cullens. They're safe. They have to be." Grayson sounded incredibly troubled. I nuzzled closer into his side to comfort him.

Adrian shook his head. "The Cullens are under enough heat already. Years ago they had an encounter with the Volturi; didn't go well. I was a witness for the Cullens."

"I'm not leaving you." I said to Gray. I was desperate to diffuse the tension, but knew there wasn't much I could do to relieve Grayson of the burden Adrian had just placed upon him.

"Let's eat, and we'll talk more later. I have a plan we can discuss after dinner and after you open your presents." Adrain said directing the last part to me.

Grayson reached out to Adrian to stop him. "We finish this now," he commanded tersely. At first, Adrian looked shocked at Gray's words, but his expression soon changed to be one of defiance.

"Let Emily enjoy her birthday dinner. We'll all talk, Isla, you, me, Kyle, after we eat. That's a promise." Adrian nodded to the both of us then headed into the kitchen.

I turned to Grayson and opened my mouth, ready to speak. However, before even the first sound of a syllable came out he cut me off.

"Shh not now. I want you to enjoy dinner." He soothed after kissing the top of my forehead. "I'll follow you to the kitchen."

I walked through the kitchen straight into the dining room with Grayson's arms wrapped around me and a great big smile on my face.

"We saves you two a seat," Ambria said gesturing towards two empty seats on the side of the table. Grayson and I both sat down.

All was silent for a moment before I spoke up. "I just wanted to say 'thank you.' Thanks for my gifts." I smiled to my friends from headquarters. "And thanks Madeline for preparing all of this." Everyone, except Adrian and Grayson who couldn't eat, gazed out over the feast.

"God is neat, let's eat!" Kyle exclaimed breaking out of his praying position before digging into the mashed potatoes. I giggled at his childishness and went straight for the salmon.

"Oh my gosh Madeline," Ambria said through a mouthful of food.

"This is delicious!" Isla finished for her friend.

"You can thank Emily for that. She's the one with the fantastic taste in food." Madeline complimented. I smiled to her in response.

"Is this bothering you?" I whispered to Grayson.

"Is what bothering me?"

"This you know? The food."

Grayson gently shook his head. "You know I have no desire for human food right? This," he picked a floppy piece of asparagus off my plate, "no longer interests me."

"As long as your okay, I'm okay."

"I'm fine, I hunted earlier. Just enjoy the food." Grayson said.

"So how long are you guys staying?" I asked my surprise visitors.

"I hope for awhile," Ethan whispered to Ambria before planting a kiss upon her cheek.