➳chapter one➳

"Fag."

"Finn, shut up." I giggle as I throw myself onto him, knocking the air out of his lungs.

"Get out of my house," he pushes me off, trying to sound serious. "I'm calling the police."

"You would never!" I exclaim, sitting up and pushing my back against the wall, laying my legs across his lap. "It's the bro code."

"Like I give a shit!" he chuckled, running his hands through his hair. "I regret giving you a key."

"Hey, you said I could come over anytime I wanted, it's not my fault you're a lazy ass who hates getting up to open the door," I point out, pushing his legs with my feet. "Also, your parents love me."

He was staring at his phone, smiling down at it and stifling laughter every now and then. I took in his features. His curly hair was wild, but I absolutely loved it, and I thanked every immortal soul out there whenever he let me play with it. His brown eyes shone, and it wasn't just the glare of his bright screen contrasting the darkness of the room.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, being too lazy to put one on after showering. It's not that I minded, or wasn't used to it for that matter. I loved seeing his pale skin.

He had on black Adidas sweatpants, and he looked like an absolute mess but god, he was breathtaking, at least to me.

I noticed that the room was silent, which was unusual for me and Finn. We were always acting wild, us damn youths, but lately he had been quiet, always on his phone. I was kinda jealous that he didn't find joy in us hanging out anymore, and I feared that he was beginning to think I was dry, but I respected him too much to actually say anything.

"Pay attention to me, Finnie!" I yelled, bored out of my mind. An annoyed look took over his face, and I don't think he was joking around this time.

"Can't you see I'm doing something? God, it's like you don't have any other friends." Oh.

I kind of felt like crying. I don't know why, it's just that Finn and I have been friends since like forever and he's never, ever gotten tired of me, not even when I had a bad case of laryngitis and couldn't speak for a few days.

I, however, am Jack Dylan Grazer, so I suck shit up and never show my feelings because I am a Bubbly Person™.

After a few more minutes I spoke up again. "So...who ya texting?" I asked, trying to peak at the name.

He rolled his eyes. I wondered how his demeanor could switch up so fast, I mean, we were hanging out like our normal selves merely 20 minutes before.

I pulled out my phone.

Jackgra Zer™: finnie

Finn sighed, clearly about to be pushed over the edge. "Millie, okay? Now leave me alone." Okay then.

"Who's Millie?" I asked, hoping that we could actually start a conversation like normal best friends do.

He got mad. Like, not Hulk Smash, but mad enough to make me want to crawl into a hole and die like the piece of garbage I am. Maybe I'm just too fragile.

"Jack, seriously, you're annoying the shit out of me so either you shut your ugly ass up or get out of my house." I stared at him, shocked. "Get out!"

His voice was harsh and unwelcoming. My eyes stung, but I would not let myself cry in front of Finn Wolfhard. "Okay, I'm-I'm sorry. I'll go," I let out, trying to sound normal as I gathered up my backpack and slipped on my Vans.

He didn't look up, he only motioned his head to the side and rolled his eyes as if to say "Finally, see if I care."

I left, realizing that it was only three fifteen and I don't handle being alone too well. But, I am a strong, independent fifteen year old boy, and sometimes, friends ain't shit.

Oh please, who am I kidding.