➳chapter three➳

Jaeden and Wyatt arrived within minutes, taking one glance at my slouched form and immediately pulling me into a group hug. I felt my eyes water, realizing how much they cared when they really shouldn't.

Jaeden lead us to my room, forcing my softest hoodie over my small frame and placing me in my bed, Wyatt laying closest to the wall and Jaeden situated near the end of the bed, leaving me in the middle. He covered us all with my favorite blanket.

"Wanna tell us what happened?" Wyatt spoke up first, turning to face me and leaning up with his head resting on his hand. Jaeden did the same, snuggling closer to me to signal that I didn't have to be afraid to tell them.

"It-it's nothing really, I'm just being dramatic," I whispered, my voice raspy and unlike me. Don't do this Jack, every time you think you're better this happens.

Wyatt cracked a smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, we all know you're a bit extra, but you're not dramatic cause all your feelings are justified, Jack. You can trust us, we won't say anything against you. Think of us as...your second parents."

I forced myself to crack a smile and chuckled dryly. "Only if I can call you daddy."

Wyatt rolled his eyes, and Jaeden nudged me to get me to tell them what happened.

"I swear, it's nothing! I was at Finn's house and he was on his phone texting this-this girl. Millie, I think. I wanted to hang out with him or at least talk to him, so I asked him who he was texting and he just, like, got really annoyed."

I sighed, hating how I was making myself seem like the victim when Finn did nothing wrong to me.

"He-he only said I was annoying and that I should sh-shut my ugly ass up or get out of his house..." I mumbled, fiddling with my fingers.

They were quiet for a moment before Jaeden growled under his breath. "That boy is gonna be so lucky if I don't beat his ass."

My head shot up, and I immediately regretted saying anything when I saw the expression on his face. "No! It's okay! Finn didn't do anything wrong!" I exclaimed, trying to get them both to let it go.

Wyatt grabbed my chin and turned my head to face him. "Jack, sweetie, I know you love Finn, we all do. But what he said to you was way out of line," he sighed, trying to pick his words carefully. "He knows what could happen if he says stuff like that to you. Jaeden and I know for a fact that the second you got home you locked yourself in that bathroom."

I glanced at Jaeden who nodded his head, his face dropping by the second. "You don't need to listen to him, you're a beautiful boy, Jack, inside and out. And as your best friends and newly adopted parents, we'll pick you up when Finn is too ignorant to do it himself," Jaeden caressed my arm, pulling us all into a hug once more

Wyatt grinned widely. "And, in a good parent manner, we are gonna take you out for pizza and ice cream like you just scored the winning goal at a soccer game."

I managed to actually smile this time. "I haven't played soccer since I was five."

"Those are just technicalities, kid, let's go," Jaeden demanding, throwing the covers off of all of us and grabbing my hand as I grabbed Wyatt's.