➳chapter six➳

Wyatt suggested we ask Sophia for help, but I declined. I needed to figure this out on my own, and I didn't want anyone to be weirded out until I was fully confident that I could wear what I wanted to.

Jaeden and Wyatt tried not to look too clueless as they brought me to H&M. "I hear they have nice clothes," Jaeden said, looking back at me. "Do you want to try on some skirts?"

I felt like crying all over again, but I didn't let myself. I simply nodded shyly as they went through piles of skirts, waiting to find a few I liked.

There was this one nice, and really short, black one that I fell in love with the second I saw it. Wyatt noticed how much I liked it and sent me to try it on with a pastel pink sweater to tuck in, disregarding the price tags.

I stepped out of the dressing room, trying not to grin just in case I actually looked horrible.

Jaeden gasped, and Wyatt rushed to embrace me in a hug. "You look so beautiful," Jaeden beamed, pulling me into a hug next.

I felt like myself again. "You don't have to tell me what I already know."

Wyatt bounced up and down, clearly excited. "You should totally wear more stuff like this, we need to get you a new pair of shoes and maybe some knee socks and a few crop tops," he giggled. "And if you want to we'll even learn how to do makeup, right Jaeden?"

Jaeden looked hesitant, like he was doubting Wyatt's ability to hold a brush and create something nice from it, but he smiled and agreed anyway.

"Wow, what a good father," I complimented. "Or should I say daddy," I winked, clearly overdoing it.

"Get your gay ass back in that dressing room before I beat you up," Wyatt mocked, pushing me through the curtain.

I tried on some more things, the boys waiting with bated breath each time I went back in. I looked fine as hell.

We bought most of the things we picked out at H&M before moving on to Forever 21. The same routine ensued there, except this store was a lot more empty, which surprised me.

I noticed that the boys were awfully quiet, considering all the other times they waited for me they would be hyping me up. "Hey, uh, guys? You ready?"

"Uh, yeah, Jack, come out whenever you'd like," Wyatt shouted back. His tone was nervous, but I decided that I was just hearing things.

I walked out and the boys smiled, though I could see right through them. "Is something wrong? Does it look bad? I know this skirt is a stretch but it short and I like it-" I rambled, cut off by Wyatt who got up and hugged me again.

"You look gorgeous, as always, darling, but I just think that we should get out of here. Like, now?" Jaeden whispered, looking at the stall next to me warily.

I looked in the same direction he did and noticed that more people had come in. I caught a glimpse of a familiar pair of converse.

"Hey, you almost done?" He walked in, staring down at his phone. "I mean, it's okay if you're not, no rush."

I mean, there was nothing we could really do, so we pretended not to notice him as Jaeden and Wyatt immediately started complimenting my outfit to avoid even more awkwardness.

"Jack?" Finn yelped, his voice cracking. "What-what are you doing here?"

He looked flustered. He blushed when I moved my head in his direction, but I didn't get to think about what exactly that meant as Millie stepped out of her dressing room holding a dress.

"Woah, that skirt's so cool! Hey, you're the boy that was at the pizzeria, right? Finn said he recognized you guys from school," she chatted, walking towards Finn and grabbing his hand.

It was quiet for a moment, Jaeden and Finn having what seemed like a staring contest as Wyatt stepped up, finding it hard not to fight him. "Wow, we're truly honored to be recognized by such royalty," he spat, clearly angry that he would call us anything less than his best friends.

"Yeah, it's nice to realize that your best friend since kindergarten remembers who you are," I laughed dryly, staring Finn in the eyes. "Unless he doesn't. Guess our weekly sleepover is off for tomorrow night? What a shame. See you around, Finnie."
__________________

This story SUcks, fuck