➳chapter twenty-one➳

I THINK THIS COUNTS AS A TRIGGER WARNING IM SORRY
Jack's point of view

Jeremy did some magical shit to our faces that made the wounds hurt more than they had but reassured us that they'd heal properly that way. Finn nearly carried me to my house, insisting he sleep over.

"Baby, please, I want to be here for you."

"But I'm tired! You can go home, I promise I'll be fine, babe."

I wasn't even lying then. I contemplated getting up and sneaking into the bathroom after my parents had gone to bed, but I thought better of it, facetiming Finn for a few hours. His face didn't seem like it would be too badly bruised up.

"Goodnight, I love you, dickhead."

"I love you too princess."

The next morning was a big problem for me.

Finn and I had some project for English that we needed to work on, and it could only be done in the school library.

It's all good right? We show up early, use the printers there, and then do whatever shit we had to do. We agreed on 7:30.

So I got there at 7:20, because I wanted to set up and stuff. The library had been closed until 7:30, so I sat on the floor in between the bathroom and the library, texting Finn and asking whether he would be there soon. He said he would.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grab my arm roughly and pull me up quick, shoving me into the bathroom and locking us both in a stall. I looked up into the angry, bloodshot eyes of that big guy from the previous day and felt fear run deep through me.

"Do you think it was cool to shove my head into the concrete like that? To pretend I'm not strong enough to take you?"

My mouth went dry and my blood ran cold, the taste of bile quickly going up my throat and leaving a sour burn. I shook my head hesitantly.

"Words!"

"N-n-no-o," I whispered softly, scared out of my mind.

Please Finn, please Finn, please Finn, come quick.

"Now say it with me, "I won't get in Trent's w-w-w-way," he demanded, mocking my stuttering voice. I refused.

He shook his head, a psychotic laugh escaping his lips like a curse. My body started to shake under his grip, my head ducking lower and lower. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. He stood there and laughed for what could have been hours.

"Listen, faggot, nobody messes with me. Nobody. And you know who messed with me? You. So now, you're gonna have to pay," he shrugged, as if he was telling me I had to pay a parking ticket or something.

This was no parking ticket.

I would have moved if I could. I would have kicked him or punched him if my body hadn't shut down, my insides melting and tears rolling down my face as he gripped both my wrists in one of his gigantic hands and pressed them against the wall above me in a swift movement, unzipping his pants with the other.

I sobbed at that, only able to shake my head and cry out, in the hopes that someone would hear me. But it was too early. And nobody shows up at school early.

"No! Stop! D-don't fucking touch me-" I yelled, a hard slap landing on my wet cheek and slamming my head into the wall behind me.

"Shut the fuck up, you little bitch! Shut up!" He spoke through gritted teeth, his hand moving to pull down my skirt.

Don't just sit there Jack. Don't just sit there Jack. Don't just take it Jack.

I regained my ability to move, somewhat, my hands struggling to break free from his tight grip and my legs kicking up and down. He slapped me again, the other cheek this time.