➳chapter thirteen➳

Finn's point of view

The footsteps unsettled me, even if they were calm and quiet.

It was only me and Noah, the rest of the group was a few feet ahead, causing a disturbance and being nuisances to the general public.

I turned around after a while, paranoid. Noah barely even noticed the sounds.

Oh, Jack.

Everyone was there, actually. Jack held Sophia's hand, but their fingers weren't intertwined like they would be with me and him. Wyatt and Jaeden squinted at me and Noah, who I realized I was too close too. Jeremy and Chosen tried to mind their own business but clearly didn't succeed.

Why are they always there whenever you're doing something kind of wrong.

I stepped away from Noah.

They pretended like they weren't staring at us.

I smiled nervously and stopped in my tracks, which made Noah bump into my chest. His neck turned red, which probably didn't help the already shady situation.

"Hey guys!"

They all looked up from their forced conversations and pretended they didn't notice I was there.

Yikes.

"Oh hey Finn!" Jeremy spoke up awkwardly. Everyone else waved alongside him.

"Where ya headed?" Jack asked, gripping Sophia's hand so hard that the skin around where he pressed down turned whiter.

I took a moment to take in his appearance. He had on a pink crop top that said "baby" in white across the front, knee high white socks with adidas, and-

The skirt. the skirt. The white skirt that I want to fuck him in. Fuck.

Noah decided to speak. My mouth was too dry to do it anyway. Damn it. "We were just going to eat. Who are you guys? Does Finn know you?"

Wyatt stifled a laugh behind Jack. Chosen face palmed, and everyone else looked horrified or astoundingly amused.

"Oh no, not really, we're only his best friends," Jaeden shrugged. "Not that big of a deal."

Jack snorted unattractively. It was kind of cute.

Noah's eyes widened and he jumped up and down, holding onto my arm like a tiny child. And I thought he was shy.

"Oh! These are your friends! Sorry guys, I'm Noah. Millie introduced me to Finn."

Everyone shook his hand, albeit hesitantly. I could see that Jack was uncomfortable.

You are like the worst boyfriend ever.

"Actually, Jack is Finn's boyfriend," Wyatt spoke for the first time, finally managing to stop laughing under his breath.

Jack nodded awkwardly and slowly let go of Sophia's hand. It was red, but she tried her hardest to let it slide.

Noah furrowed his eyebrows and shuffled closer to me.

It almost seemed like it was on purpose.

Almost.

"Oh really? I would've thought he was dating her," he motioned to Sophia. "And I thought he was a girl, no offense. But okay."

"Well, my name is Sophia, and Jack is like my little brother so sh-"

I laughed over her. She was beginning to get heated.