➳chapter nineteen➳

Hey so I'm like making their birthdays not make sense at all pls don't correct me, I know their birthdays ;)

Jack's point of view

I frantically moved from store to store like a bullet, dragging Wyatt and Jaeden behind me. I don't know how it hadn't occurred to me that Finn's birthday was the next day until that morning, but I'm pretty sure I almost cried when it did.

"Why are you worrying so much?" Wyatt groaned, catching up to me as I sped through the crowds of people even though it was Saturday at ten in the morning.

"Because I've always had Finn's present like a month in advance! And I was so caught up with school that I forgot," I whined, stopping into the vans store to see if there would be any good shoes or shirts.

Jaeden rolled his eyes, coming up to me and grabbing one of my hands. "Jack, calm down. It's going to be okay! He'll love anything you give him because he loves you a lot. He wouldn't even care if you forgot his birthday, okay? So calm down and take it slow, we have all day."

I closed my eyes and nodded, taking a seat at one of the benches and breathed hard in and out. I didn't want Finn to think any less of me if I got him anything less than perfect.

"I just usually get him weird shit but I can't find anything and I think this year he deserves a bit more, you know?"

Wyatt nodded, sitting next to me and rubbing my back as I sat feeling like a bad boyfriend. At least I wasn't being smothered. "Come on, I don't think we'll find anything here. Maybe the Barnes & Noble? You might find something there."

I walked towards the direction of the book store with the intent of going there and buying a lame Funko Pop before two new stores caught my eye.

One was a sleek looking jewelry store. It must have opened that week because hardly anyone was shopping there but the cashiers still looked enthusiastic. I looked back at Jaeden and Wyatt, who had stopped behind me. "I'm gonna go in there."

Wyatt looked closely at the store. "What? Are you gonna get him an engagement ring?"

"I'm gonna get him a necklace. One of the really cheesy ones that you can have engraved. And it's gonna say something stupid on it and I'm gonna make him wear it every day," I said, a tone of determination taking over as I walked into the store, the lady seeming to perk up even more than she had been before.

I got him a simple silver chain with a silver bar on the bottom that said "I love you Finnlard-ya boi Jackie," which didn't even earn a weird look from the attendant.

"Okay, it will be ready in a few hours so just let me put your email into the system and we will notify you when you can come back!"

I thanked her and walked out, Wyatt patting me on the back hard. "See, now was that so hard? Let's keep shopping for a while."

My eyes landed on the second new store that had opened up. I kept my eyes on it, absentmindedly waving to Wyatt and Jaeden. "Ha, yeah, um, would you guys mind going to Starbucks? I'm gonna...go to...the bathroom."

They nodded without question, grabbing each other's hands and making their way to the escalator to the first floor.

With my face red and my arms wrapped tightly around my body, I walked into the Spencer's.

The necklace looked beautiful, my stupid note looking cute on the silver plate in the pretty font.

That's really gay.

I got ready to go to Finn's dinner, or whatever you want to call it. We celebrated the same way for everyone; eating at a ridiculously fancy restaurant and paying barely anything because Jeremy's uncle owns the place. Nice, right?