➳chapter fifteen➳

HEARTBREAK CITY AHEAD

Jack's point of view

I was sitting at my desk when I heard Finn's phone go off. I recognized the buzz as the one he set for texts.

"Babe, someone texted you!" I yelled, trying to focus on the summer packet I had received that was due the first day.

Which was next week.

Damn Jack, just google the fucking answers.

"Why the fuck are you yelling asshole I'm right here," he said from my bed, playing Mario kart on my old and beaten up DS.

"Oh, I didn't know you came back from the kitchen, dickwad."

I turned my desk chair around to face him. "Anyway, here, catch," I said, getting ready to toss his phone to him.

He groaned, focusing on his game. "Noooo, just check it, babe."

"Lazy ass hoe," I muttered, typing in his password. "Noah wants to know if you wanna go out today."

Noah ⭐️: hey finnie, wanna go get lunch or something with me & the others?

I ignored the nickname for Finn's sake. I didn't want to get jealous over nothing.

"Tell him no."

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at Finn. His face had turned the lightest shade of pink possible. "Why?"

"Cause I wanna spend time with you, kitten."

I rolled my eyes, laughing at his mediocre response. "Sweaty, you're just sitting there playing your game. I have homework anyway, go if you want."

He closed my light pink DS and turned to face me, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. "Fine. I don't know what regular fifteen year old boy wants to just go get lunch, but I'll go," he huffed, putting his vans on.

He crossed the room, giving me a kiss on the forehead. "You look very pretty today, by the way."

He left, taking his phone. He didn't text me the entire time he was there, which meant he must have been having fun.

Me: yoyoyoyo wanna to sleep over at my house tonight

Mother Jaeden ™: it's a yes from me & wy

Sophlilllis ™: me 2 I'm bored as heck

ChampionChosen ™: yep

JerBear ™:I'm going

Finnlard: can't.

Me: you rude fuck

Me: lov u boo

Sophlilllis ™: ah such a cute couple

Finnlard: whatever.

What the fuck?

I wondered what was up with him, and I wondered if it had to do with Noah.

Finn's point of view

I fucked up really bad.

I didn't really feel like going out in the first place, but Jack convinced me to so I went.

Noah asked to meet at the pizza place, the one we always go to. The sun was going to set soon and I felt the cold breeze of the oncoming fall weather hit my exposed skin as I walked.

All I could think about was Jack.

I mean, that had been all I could think about for the past ten years, 'Jack this,' 'Jack that.'