➳chapter sixteen➳

Finn's point of view

I was glad my parents weren't home, because I refused to let anyone see me cry.

Over a boy.

That's unfair, I was the one who screwed up. I cheated, I broke his heart, and I deserved hell.

Noah was blowing up my phone, I had received nothing from Jack other than his read receipt and my head was pounding and my ears were ringing like someone was knocking on the door and ringing the bell.

Wait, that's the real door, stupid fuck.

My eyes were puffy and my vision was blurry as I spilled out of my bedroom and down the hall, opening the door without a second thought cause, hey, if a murderer decided to kill me I wouldn't even have been mad.

I had closed my eyes when I opened the door, the streetlights being a drastic change in light compared to my pitch black house.

I felt someone grab the front of my shirt and I felt panic rush through my veins and flood my mind.

I know I said I wanted to die but I was being ironic.

I forced my eyes open. Wyatt stood there, grabbing my front while Chosen stood in the background.

"You fucking asshole, what did you do?"

I kept my mouth shut and tried to put on my tough face.

"I can't believe I ever let you near Jack," Wyatt spat, letting go of my shirt and pushing me away after a few moments of realizing I wouldn't be speaking.

"He is such a good person, and he would never, ever pull that type of shit on you," he ranted, pacing back and forth. "You are going to sit your ass down on this couch right now and tell me exactly what happened or I'm going to beat your soul out of your body."

"I don't know!"

My voice was hoarse and cracked as I sobbed, putting my head in my hands.

"Noah. He told me we were gonna, um, hang out with friends. You know, Millie, and stuff..." I trailed off, feeling sobs forming in the back of my throat.

"Cut the bullshit and get to the point," Chosen demanded, sitting on the couch across from me. "We don't want to hear you acting like a victim."

That sobered me up. I'm not a victim at all.

"Fine. We were hanging out, and I felt uncomfortable but I couldn't fucking tell why, okay?"

I hated thinking about what happened. Like seriously, it takes a royal fucking screw up to ruin the best thing that's ever happened to you and all of your friendships within two hours.

My hands started to shake and my leg bounced up and down. I chewed on the very corner of my lip as I spoke, drawing blood but not caring.

"I hadn't noticed how long it had been, so I said I was going to leave like normal fucking people do. He looked sad, and I swear, all I did was ask if he was okay and then he kissed me."

Wyatt raised his eyebrow at me, crossing his arms like he didn't believe me. "And did you kiss back?"

I fiddled with my fingers, my voice having left me. I gulped, staring at the coffee table in the middle of the room. "Yes."

"What?"

"Yes! I kissed him back! And I regret it!" I yelled, getting up and throwing the couch pillow I had been holding on the floor.

"I didn't know what I was doing, because his lips were on mine and somehow, I thought I was with Jack, okay?"

I breathed in shakily, thinking about Jack again.