Chapter Eight

I got up and walked around the corner of a nearby kiosk. I headed towards the restroom. I was almost there when I was stopped immediately by the one person I thought I wouldn't be... my ex-girlfriend, Katherine Brown. What was she doing here?

Well duh it's a beach obviously everybody goes here at some point, Jason said mockingly.

I know Jason, but why here right now?

How the hell should I know? Jason asked snapping at me.

"Hi Ben," Katherine greeted me.

She seemed happy to see me, but why.

"Hey?" I was still confused as to why she was so happy.

"What brings you here?"

"Nothing really, I'm here with someone."

"Who?"

"What does it matter?"

"It matters because I want you back."

Oh my fuck! I knew it! I knew she would want me back because she probably heard about me and Paul. She could be such a narcissistic succubus because she only wants to be with the toughest, she only reason why isn't with Paul is because he rejected her, so she settled for Frank.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I realized my mistakes, and I want make things right."

"Mistakes? Make things right? You took me for granted then dumped me for Frank!"

"Ben, please stop. Because I know you miss all of this."

Katherine then gestured me to look at her body in that light blue bikini she always wore to the beach. She then leaned in closer to me.

"And you also missed this," She kissed me.

I was so repulsed by Katherine.

Tell her off, Jay suggested.

"Katherine, I know you only want me because you heard about me and Paul's fight," I started in.

"What are you talking about?" Katherine scoffed nervously. "That's not why at all."

"Yes it is, I know it is because I know you well enough."

"Your point?"

"My point is that you always go for the strongest because you think you can make yourself higher on the girls' popularity charts."

"Just come back to me please."

"Katherine what part of I'm with someone else don't you understand?!"

"Who the hell is it?!"

"It's none of your damn business, all you need to know is that I'd love her more than I ever loved your skanky ass!"

"You can be such an asshole."

"Whatever you say, I may be an asshole but at least I ain't a lying! Deceitful! Untrustworthy! Whore!"

I started to walk away, letting her off the hook for right now.

"Whoever she is, I bet she's some dumb ugly emo slut just like you!" Katherine yelled at me from behind my back.

That's when I snapped. I just wanted to turn around and snap her neck right then and there. But that would not be wise. I will be patient and when it is the right time, I will strike. I kept walking back to Christy.

"Sorry I took so long," I said.

"It's ok, I understand that you had to talk to Katherine," Christy replied.

"You heard that?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry you had to hear that."

"No it's ok. What time is it?"

I checked my phone, it was six o'clock. I was wondering if she was getting tired of me and wanted to go home.

"It's six o'clock," I told Christy.

"Wow it's getting late," Christy replied.

"Well, I guess it is but I think we should stay to see the sun set."

I looked out to the horizon, the sun was starting to go down.

Doesn't look like you have much more of a wait, Jay informed me.

Just about another hour, Jason confirmed.

Christy and I talked for another hour, talking about stuff like wanting to go to an Angerfist rave and tattoos. All these things gave me ideas of things to do with her later on. Then came the sunset, the mark of the end of this day. It was absolutely stunning though. The gorgeous, reddish-orange light reflected off of the water.

"It's great isn't it?" I asked.

"It's amazing," Christy answered.

"Well I'm guessing you still want to go home. Am I right?"

"Yeah, I'd like to get home before my parents start blowing up my phone with texts."

We walked to the car, got in and drove back to Christy's house.

"Well I'll see you in school Monday," I said as Christy got out.

"Okay, see you Monday," Christy replied before closing the door.