Chapter Twelve

I walked upstairs to my room. I changed into the clothes I had set out for the kill. Then I packed extra clothes, another plain black t-shirt, pants, other necessities, all in a bag. I slung the bag's strap over my shoulder and grabbed the mask. I walked out and thought about the knife I had stashed under the house. I grabbed that too and drove off to Frank's house. I parked a little ways away from the house so it wasn't noticed. It was starting to get really dark.

New plan, Jason said. I think we should kill Katherine and then just leave.

Sounds good enough to me, Jay added.

I remember still having Katherine's number in my contact, so I gave her a quick call. It rang twice.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Katherine, it's Ben," I said. "Where are you right now?"

"I'm in the bathroom at Frank's. Where are you?"

"I just got here, is the bathroom on the first floor?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well how about I sneak in through the window and we can have special time alone."

"Oh ok Ben, it's in the back, I'll have the window open."

"Alright, just keep watch for anyone."

I put on my mask and slipped on some leather gloves. I put the knife in my right jean pocket. I walked around the back of the house, the darkness helped conceal me with my black hoodie on. I found the open window to the bathroom and saw Katherine with her back towards me, looking into the hall. I climbed through the window and walked up behind her.

Do it now! Jason screamed. Do it!

No. I want to make the most out of this. She played with my heart and I want to return the favor at a much higher level.

"Hey there beautiful," I said.

Katherine turned around.

"Ben?" She asked.

"Who else would it be?"

"Oh so I see, this is supposed to like some sort of kink right? You're the bad guy and I'm an innocent girl that you're going to take advantage of."

I pushed her up against the wall. I held her wrists above her head.

"Can I take that mask off?" Katherine asked. "It's creeping me out."

"No but I think I have a solution," I replied with a devilish smile.

I turned her around my hands still on her wrists and my body pressed up against hers once again.

"Is that a knife in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Katherine asked.

I pulled the knife out of my pocket. I lifted my mask up over my head and gave Katherine a kiss on her neck, knowing she would lean her head back, which she did, that's when I slit her throat. I backed away as I let her dying body drop to the ground. She was still alive for a little longer.

"That's for Christy," I whispered into her ear. "Now pray you don't rot in hell for what you've done."

She stopped breathing, the blood stopped pumping from her throat. I did the most honorable thing I could think of, close her eyes. I then dipped my finger in her blood and wrote on the mirror, "Love, Blood". I took Katherine's phone and snapped a picture of her dead body, sent it to Frank Then cleared all of her call history and text messages. I jumped through the open window and ran to my car. Leaving the headlights off until I got away, I drove off to Christy's. I gave her a call on the way.

"You need to stay over here?" She answered.

"Yeah, just for the night and I'll leave in the morning," I replied.

"Ok when do you think you'll get here?"

"I just left my house so about twenty minutes to a half hour."

"Ok, I'll see you then."