Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up the next morning and looked right at Christy who was looking right back at me.

"Well it's good to see you're awake," I said.

"Yeah, I had a good night's sleep even after what happened," Christy replied with a smile.

"That's good, so what do you want to do?"

"Maybe we could just stay here and just hang out."

"Ok, that's fine."

"Well maybe we could do some of that training stuff with the weapons if that's fine."

"Really? You want to do that again?"

"Yeah, why not? It was kind of fun."

"Ok well let me just get ready and I'll go out and get some of the stuff."

After that, I got dressed and headed out to the shed and got the dummy, and now I grabbed the bow, the quiver and the rope dart. Christy then came out and looked at the stuff.

"Ok, I know the dummy and the bow but what is that other thing?"

"It's a rope dart and show you a couple things about it."

"Ok so which is going to be first?"

"Which do you want to be first?"

"Um, well how about the dart thing?"

I picked up the rope dart.

"Ok so there are two ways I can see you could use this. You can send it straight toward your opponent, it won't be as effective as to bring down your opponent but it could be lethal. The other way is that you could wrap it around their neck, it could be used to strangle and/or hang them. It could also cut at them if it is placed right."

"Ok, so can you please demonstrate?"

"Yeah I'll show you the first one and then next one."

I then swung the rope around and with a swift motion, I sent it forward at the dummy's chest. I pulled the rope, causing the dart to come out and the dummy to fall over. I reeled up the rope again and went to set the dummy back. As I was walking back, I quickly grabbed enough rope and spun around with the rope swinging with my body's movement and the rope wrapped around the dummy's neck. That's when I threw the rest of the rope over a nearby branch and pulled the dummy upward so it hung there. I slowly let it dropped it back down, set it back up and handed the rope dart to Christy.

"Your turn."

Christy took it and she did what she probably saw me do and she did it quite well. She mimicked what I did quite well.

"That was very good."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was just as good as I did, maybe even better."

"Well thank you."

"Yeah, now let's move to the bow."

The dummy was set back up and I put the rope dart and picked up the bow. I then went through the routine of sorts my grandfather had told me; aim, pull back with the inhale and release with the exhale. I shot the dummy in the head, then chest, shoulders and knees. I then handed the bow to Christy and helped to show her what goes where.

"See and all you have to is aim, pull back with inhale and the release with the exhale."

She did just that and she hit the dummy right in the head.

"That's very good, can you do that with the chest?"

She then did the same but hit it in the chest.

"You're really good. Have you ever done this before?"

"No, not that I know of. It's almost an instinct now or I'm just good at visual learning."

"Yeah or it could be both. I mean I believe that for me it is in my genes."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well there was my grandfather Jackson Grey who was in the Vietnam war from 1964 to 1968, then there was his father Theodore Grey had dealt with quite a bit of stuff in his time during the prohibition."

"Has your father shared anything like those two have?"

"What has my father have to do with them?"

"Aren't they related to him?"

"Oh, no sorry I had forgotten to mention I never learned anything about my father's side of the family, I don't even believe in having his last name, Grey is my mother's surname."

"Oh ok then."

"Yeah, I never felt connected to my father's side and mother allowed me to change my last name to that."

"Ok then, so what do you want to do now?"

"Maybe we could go inside and just hang out."

"That sounds good to me."