Chapter Thirty-Five

I drove to Paul's house, I saw that there was no car in front of the garage and an open window. I knew that Paul hadn't gotten a car yet surprisingly and he couldn't be out with his father because his father works as a cop and his mother passed away a couple years back.

This is going to be easy, Jason said.

Are you sure we can't just let him go? Jay asked. There's been enough death already.

No! We are finishing this and we are finishing it now!

I crouched by the window before heading in. I heard no one nearby. I climbed in through the the window to a room that looked like their living room. I snuck around for a second, that's when I spotted it, some rope and duct. Oddly convenient and that's what gave Jason an idea.

The plan is that we tie up Paul and we torture him, let him suffer for what he's done.

So I guess we'll need to get him down here first, I thought. So then I saw a glass cabinet full of china. I punched it and there was no way that Paul couldn't have heard that. When I heard movement, I hid behind the closest wall. I just waited and listened for the footsteps to get closer. I watched as Paul passed by me. I walked behind him, the floor creaked and quickly Paul spun around and cut my cheek with a knife. Adrenaline and anger now flowed through my body as I drew back and punched Paul as I hard as I could in the head. His body fell to the ground with thud. I sat him in a chair and tied him up and duct taped his mouth. Are you sure I have to do this?

Yes, you do. You've started it, now you've gotta finish it. Jason demanded.

Why can't you do it?

Because I'll kill more than just him.

Would that really be necessary? We've got him right here. There's no need to bring Christy into this.

I have to agree with Ben here, Jay said. There's really no need to bring Christy into this now.

I don't want to hear it Jay! You're finishing this Benny Boy.

Don't call me that. Fine, I'll do it. I pulled out my knife and flicked it out. I was just about to slit his throat but then I heard the front door start to open. I quickly hid behind a wall where there was a counter and on the counter was a coffee machine and it was making some into the pitcher. I listened to hear someone walk in. I heard someone talk.

"God what a hard day's work," It was Shane. "I'm hoping we find this maniac soon."

It wasn't long before he saw Paul and rushed over to him.

"Who did this to you?" He asked him.

Knock him out. Jason said.

How should I do that?

Use the coffee pitcher to disorient him and then you'll be able to get close enough to hit him without getting shot.

Ok, I thought. I hope this works. I grabbed the coffee pitcher and slowly approached Shane. He looked at me and went for his gun, that's when I smashed the pitcher across his face. Coffee splashed onto his face and the floor. He roared out in anger and agony as he shot off a round that went into my leg. The pain was intense but I remained standing as I punched him hard enough to knock him out.

Good, now take the gun and shoot Paul in the head.

I picked up the gun and held it up to Paul's head.

"I can't do this," I spoke out loud.

You're going to do it or I'm going to make you and he won't be the only one.

I don't want to. I'm done with all of this. I'm not listening to you anymore.

Fine, have it your way.

Control was yet again lost to him. I felt my hand steady and my finger squeezed the trigger and in a flash, there was a hole in his head and blood, brains and skull pieces were scattered on the wall and floor behind him. I dropped the gun and walked away. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed 911. The phone rang twice.

"911 what's your emergency?" A woman operator answered.

"It's me," I told her. "I'm the guy who has killed those people."

"Is this some kind of joke?"

"No ma'am, this is Blood. I've just killed Shane Cyradeli's son Paul. Please come get me."

"Officials are going to be dispatched to your location right now."

I hung up the phone.

Why did you do that? That's it, she is so-

"I don't want to hear it Jason!" I hollered out. "I'm done! I'm not listening to you anymore! We're done with all this, this shit! Now, Jay if you could assist in keeping Jason quiet for now."

I'll do my best. Jason said.

Then there was silence. I walked out of the house, sat on the porch at the front and dialed one last number, Christy's. It rang and rang and rang but there was never an answer, she was probably still mad at me. Her voicemail came on and that's when I said it.

"Christy, I'm sorry, not only for earlier but for keeping you in the dark about something. I've been living a lie. You may have thought you knew me but you're going to think I'm sort monster of a person. I'm Blood. I'm the guy who's been killing everyone."

There were sirens in the distance and the voicemail ran out. I called and left another one.

"I made a promise I would never hurt you or let anyone else do so. I was angry at those people because they were trying to hurt you but I had a past with them as well. A past that a voice in my head was not allowing to happen anymore. He didn't do it for you but I did. I did it so he wouldn't use me to hurt you."

The sirens were almost here.

"I'm sorry. I love you, that's why I did it. I'm so sorry."

The police had arrived and I willingly gave myself up to them. They slapped the cuffs on me and took me to the station.