Chapter 04

Zach's Pov

I read the text over and over again, she was alive, awake, and was gonna be discharged in a few days. "Corbyn. Call Christina. Tell her Y/n is awake. We shouldn't tell Daniel till she comes over though."

"Okay..Should we visit her right now?" I asked. (NO JUST SIT THERE - BY EM) Corbyn looked at Jonah while Jonah looked at me, letting me make the decision. "Okay. I'll tell Jack to make sure Daniel doesn't get suspicious...Or whoever this 'Daniel' is."

We arrived a few hours later to Y/n's hospital room to see her on her phone. She didn't notice us at first, but when she did her face lit up for a second. "You all came- oh uh..Where's Jack and Daniel?"

"Yeah! You got a new phone I see."

"Not to be rude but where's Daniel?" She asked. We gave her nervous looks before Jonah piped up.

"He's changed. A ton. We're planning for you to surprise him. You'll have to see for yourself." She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion from our response. For a moment we watched her ponder as she gave us a cold stare before looking away. 

"But he promised he'd see me soon. He left me a note." She handed me a note that said he'd see her soon, he probably wrote it before he couldn't handle her being in a coma anymore.

"You'll see him soon though, don't worry." We then talked about what happened for the past 5 months, bringing up Daniel every so often. We decided to show a video of her alive and okay, and exchanged numbers since she just got a new phone.

"I'm glad we're back in touch. We'll pick you up in a few days!"

...

...

...

Daniel's Pov

It's another bland day, and I didn't want to even play cello today. I didn't even want to take a step out of my room. I remained frozen on my bed staring at the ceiling.

What's the point...

I shouldn't even be here.

Jack entered the room curious of what I was doing. "C'mon, eat breakfast. You shouldn't starve yourself to death." I whispered a small "okay" before pulling myself downstairs and into the kitchen. Everyone were acting strange.. Zach was smiling and had an unusually red face. Jonah and Corbyn kept making eye contact, while Jack was giving me a weird look.

"What?" I piped up. Jack looked away, embarrassed he was noticed.

"Nothing." He then left the table from getting a text from an "old friend".

"Daniel..Can you try to tidy yourself up? Just a little? Jack's bringing his friend so.." I scoffed in response, when did they care about how I look?

"I think I look completely fine." I gave a rather fake sweet smile in response, making Jonah roll his eyes.

"She's here!" Jack hollered. I got up from my chair and made my way to my room.

"That's my cue to leave. Don't even think about bringing your friend upstairs." I heard a familiar female voice whisper, but didn't think any of it. I must be hearing things..

Y/n's Pov

I was at the entrance with Jack to surprise Daniel, but didn't expect him to be like this. He was in a pair of basketball shorts and a hoodie, his hair was all over the place, he was unusually pale and his clothes were a size too big for him. You could tell he wasn't okay, and needed help. Why didn't he get help? I tried going up to his room, but was stopped by Jack.

"Maybe it'd be better when he plays Cello." I gave him a strange look.

"No, I'm gonna go up there. You know he's a mess, we all do. It's my fault for making him like this." Jack gave me a pleading look before letting go of my arm. I walked up to the only door closed, Daniel's. My hands were shaking while I slowly unlocked the door. I turned the knob and...

...

WARNING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING LINKED WITH SUICIDE I ADVISE YOU TO SKIP THE REST OF THIS STORY :))

I didn't see Daniel. I saw a neatly cleaned bed, then a nearly destroyed bed. In between the two beds was a shattered frame. It didn't have a picture and the glass was all over the floor. As I bent down to touch it I felt a grunt from the bathroom, making me accidentally cut my finger. I went to the bathroom and tried grabbing the handle, to see it was locked.

"What the..." I started knocking on the door.

All I heard was heavy breathing.

I then fiddled with the lock and eventually unlocked it to see blood splattered on the sink. A shard of glass dyed by Daniel's blood on the counter. Daniel was looking down at his arms. There were slits riddled in his arm like waves, one showing more blood than the other. The tension was thick, and all I could think was this was my  fault.

"Dani..." He looked up at me bewildered, like I was some monster.

"Get the hell away from me!" He cowered. I flinched back and ran straight downstairs to tell the boys and get medical supplies.

Daniel's Pov

"Dani..." I looked up and saw Y/n, but worse. She was giving me a twisted grin and had the pale skin and white hair from before. 

"Get the hell away from me!"

I blinked once and saw a horrified Y/n.

I blinked again..

...

She was gone....

A/n

I am so sorry.

-Megel670