Chapter 15

"I assure you he's okay! I'm okay! You- you can't just take me away from him!" I looked at Jake and silently pleaded to him while my parents simply stared me down. Jake shook his head before getting up and leaving.

"In the meantime you'll be going back to Chicago to pack up and leave. It's going to take some time, but you'll be able to see your friends back home." I was happy I was going to see my friends back home, but I was saddened to know I won't see the person I truly love.

"I gotta go." I hopped up and left the house. I didn't want to leave once again, I want to go to Daniel and feel his arms wrapped around me, keeping me warm. I want to be with the boys, goofing around and simply being in their presence.

I arrived to the boy's house an hour later and knocked on their door, hoping they were home.

"I got the cash for the piz- Oh Y/n! Sorry I thought you were the pizza delivery guy. Come on in" Zach greeted. I walked in to see everyone..But Daniel and Jack.

"C'mon Daniel. We need you! Five months and you haven't sung a single note. Five months without talking to our fans. Five months of saying you're okay" I heard Jack scream. I could tell he was frustrated with Daniel.

"Just leave me alone!" Daniel then stormed down to see me. His eyes softened for a moment before he walked outside, afraid to make eye contact with me.

"Dani-" And the door slammed on me.

Knock Knock

"I'll get it." I opened the door to see...

My parents.

"Time to go" my mom demanded. The house became silent as her voice echoed through the house, maybe loud enough Daniel heard it outside.

"N-no please no" I whimpered. She grabbed my hand softly, making me soften to her touch. It reminded of when I woke up in the hospital...

"We gotta go." I turned around to see Daniel staring at me with guilt, sadness, and shock written all over his face.

And with a yank, I left Daniel once again.

...

I didn't realize till now how much I missed my home town. Even though I was just in the airport, the dry cold air filled my body.

My parents and I walked through the airport and to the city of Chicago to our home. Everything was just as I planned. Boxes scattered around the house while things like the Tv and couches were being brought to the moving pod outside.

"Y/n, Emma and Madi are here" my mom announced. I nodded and went to the front door to see my two friends.

"Thank gosh you're back. The Doughnut Vault is closing in a week! They're giving away free donuts in.. 30 minutes!" I grabbed their hands and dragged them with me to the Doughnut Vault.

"I'm gonna miss this place. It was like our second home" Emma sighed. We were able to get a good 15 donuts of our choice. Luckily, no one was here (Somehow) and were walking by not giving a second thought about the place.

"Same. I miss this place so much more than when I saw our middle school get destroyed in front of our eyes" I stated. I remembered watching my middle school fall, the huge trucks, the principle wiping a tear away from his face.

"You were hollering things like "Hell Yeah!" when the school was destroyed" Madi laughed. Emma and I then joined in because we all were cheering when the school was destroyed. I then felt my phone buzz to see I got a text from Jack.

Poodle (Jack)

We need you to come back...Daniel isn't doing very well.