Chapter 07

Chapter 07

Y/n's Pov

"So why am I here? Am I able to see.."

"Yeah. Just put this on will you?" I put on the black hoodie and sunglasses on, confused.

"It's a million degrees out, and I'm gonna be inside..C'mon." I was brought inside and was guided to the living room. In front of the couches was a cello and piano. Emma went upstairs while I sat next to Jonah and Jack.

"So, Daniel can't know it's me?" They nodded.

"Get the hell away from me!" Flashed in my head. Daniel's afraid of me, why am I here?

"Daniel's going to be playing on the Cello for us," Emma announced, making me snap out of my thoughts. Daniel looked at me in confusion.

"Who's she?" I shyly waved to him and acted like I was someone I wasn't.

"She's my sister," Emma lied. He nodded and shook hands with him. His touch was icy cold and made me slightly shiver.

"So, why do you play cello? Why not piano or any other instrument?" Emma asked.

"I..Uh...I play cello as a replacement for the piano. I can't play it," He bursted out.

"Okay, can you play for us?" He nodded and started playing. The song he played was extremely depressing, and made feel like crying.

It's your fault he's all depressed

It's your fault he can't play piano

It's your fault he's not happy

Jack grabbed my hand and squeezed it, comforting me. I gave him a small smile before Daniel stopped, somehow noticing I was about to cry.

"I'm so sorry.." He tried taking off my sunglasses and put down my hoodie but Emma protested, saying I'm just really emotional.

"I still don't see what's the point," I whispered out loud.

"I know how you feel," Daniel piped up.

"You know when you can't do anything and you're helpless? It's like it's your fault." He nodded as the boys and Emma slowly slipped away from us.

"So, what's your name?" I almost said my name, but instead said something else.

"The names Raina."

"Well, it's great to meet you..Why do you have a hoodie and glasses on?" I nervously shifted, thinking of an excuse.

"I..I'm sensitive to light and Emma made me wear it." He gave me a strange look before Emma spoke.

"Hey I cooked up some food! Everyone dig in!" The boys and I except Daniel came in like wild animals while Daniel looked down at his arms.

"Thanks for the lasagna," I smiled. She nodded and sat down with the rest of us, intently watching Daniel poke at his food.

"Why don't you take a bite?" Emma asked. Daniel hesitated for a few minutes before slowly nodding. Everyone's eyes were on Daniel. He was about to take a bite..

..But he didn't.

"I'm sorry..I just..I can't." He pushed himself out of the table and went up to his room. Immediately I started following him, but was stopped by Emma.

"Let's leave him be."

"That won't help. I'll be upstairs." I took my plate of food and went up to Daniel's room.

"Pizza delivery." I entered the room to see Daniel laying on his bed.

"Haha very funny," he joked. I rolled my eyes and sat on his bed, Making him suspicious. "Why are you here? There's no point of you being here so.." I made his face look at me and stare dead into his eyes.

"My point is I want to be here," I stated. He looked at me through my sunglasses in confusion.

"Who are you exactly?" I felt panic rise inside of me as he tried looking through my sunglasses.

"I told you, my name is Maria."

"You told me your name was Raina..You're not really Emma's sister are you?" He then did something I wish he didn't did, yet I was crying in joy at the same time.

He took off my sunglasses