How Did She Know?

Ryan POV

"I feel like I'm in school explaining a damn problem."

I bite my tongue to keep myself from reacting to Olivia comment. She smirks at me and I glare at her.

"I basically connected the dots. At first, it looked like they were moving to random states, but from what I heard, seen, and know, she has been on the run for years. Meaning she should at least been to more than fifteen states during her run." I arch my eyebrow and look closely at the map, "She's making a new star. You can tell by noticing her moving to a whole different state that is not connected to the other fifteen."

One man raises his hand, "So how will you know which state she is moving to next?" Olivia smirks at the man and he turns red, she looks at me with a small smirk. "You gamble it."

"WHAT?!" Everybody says at the same time except for me, I stand up and walk to the front. "It's two ways she can make a star out of these states. The first way is by drawing the star without picking up your pencil. The second way is by drawing two triangles."

Olivia looks at me with an arch eyebrow, "There's not just one gamble, but two. Which state will she go to next and which star will she be drawing?"

William raises his hand, "We have to gamble in order to find her? What happens if we're at the wrong place?"

"You don't all go to the same place, you split up your men." Jacob answers William question, Fred stands up and so does our little circle. Me and Olivia walk towards the door, "Well William, there you have it. Me and my little group will be taking our leave now."

We walk out after Fred dismisses us, we get in the elevator. "That was such a badass exit!" Eric says as him and Jacob jumps up and down. Steven laughs and looks at Olivia, "I can't believe you figure all this out. It would have taken us forever to figure it out."

Martin looks at us, "Y'all were looking badass explaining the information to them." Eric and Jacob hug Martin, "Martin even thinks so!" They shout out at the same time.

"I never want to go to a meeting ever again. They all acted like they never seen a woman before." Olivia starts shivering in disgust. We walk out of the elevator and the building.

"Why do we have to stay here the whole weekend?" I nod my head agreeing with Jacob, "William told us the whole weekend." Fred takes out a cigarette and lights it up.

We say our goodbyes and head back to the hotel. "Steven! Eric keeps messing with me again!"

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Ah!!" Olivia starts screaming after someone starts shooting at us. I pull out my gun and start shooting at the cars behind us, "Ah!! Their shooting!! Their shooting!!"

"Jacob get in the back with Olivia and make sure you and her stay down!!" He jumps over the seat and pushes Olivia to the car floor.

I suck my teeth as I reload my gun, "How many cars Eric?!" Stevens yells as he speeds down the road. "Three! We already know she sent them to us! How the hell did she know we would be here?!"

We start shooting at the cars and Olivia continues to scream and cry. Eric shoots the driver in one car and I shoot at the other car until it blows up, "This last one is so damn persistent!"

I yell out the window as I shoot the driver. The car flips and blows up, "Is everybody okay? Olivia?! Jacob?! Are you okay?!" Jacob sits up and Olivia stays down, "We're fine."

Steven starts banging on the horn, "I just got this damn car!! Why the hell out of all cars they shoot this one up?! I'm going to fucking kill her and her little boyfriend!" I rub Steven back with a smile to calm him down, "We can get another one when we get back home."