How They Fell In Love [Extra Chapter]

Author's note    |     Nina

To celebrate 1k reads, here is an extra, fluffy chapter of our two boys! I hope you enjoy! Thank you for all the support and votes!  This piece takes place half a year before present time of the story. Here they're also on tour, explaining the hotel room and such.

- -

Namjoon's perspective

It was Jin that had been lighting up Namjoon's life again. He was close to being his everything and he didn't want to let go of him. Still, Seokjin wasn't aware of the fact that the leader was in love with him. Namjoon was afraid to tell him, he had no idea how the other would react. Maybe he would reject him, and leave him behind forever. That would be the worst option possible, for Namjoon to drown in his own tears. 

He sighed. He was losing track of the thing he was doing again. He was trying to clean up his room, while it was as messy as it had been before he started half an hour ago. He decided it was best to just stop and go out. He needed some fresh air, definitely now. It felt like the oxygen here could disappear at any moment, only at the thought of Jin. Namjoon tried to focus on something else when he opened the door of his hotelroom, but instead, he exactly saw Jin's pink, plump lips in front of him. He tried to shake it off his mind and he walked through the fancy hallway. 

'Namjoon!' Drunk by his thoughts, he assumed that Jin's voice was just inside of his head. He continued walking with his head in some pink clouds, as he felt a soft touch on his shoulder. He turned around, expecting to see nothing, but he stared right into Seokjin's brown eyes, in which he could get lost forever. 'Didn't you hear me calling?' He asked as he tilted his head a bit. He looked absolutely adorable. 

'No, I didn't, sorry. Did you want to ask something?' Namjoon kept looking at his lips, that looked even better here than in his mind. 'I heard you leaving your room so I thought I could just check out on you. It's already late, are you feeling okay? I'm not sure if it's smart to go out when it's already dark.' He mumbled the last sentence and Namjoon let him hear a small laugh. 'You know I'm a grown man, right? I can take care of myself.' He smiled, and that smile slowly faded away as Jin showed him a serious look. He chuckled while admitting: 'Alright, maybe not. You want to join me as my bodyguard?' Jin shook his head and corrected Namjoon. 'I'd join in as your bodyguard and  mother.' The laughter of the two boys filled the silent hallways as they found their way to the exit. 

- - 

The fresh air made Namjoon's head clear again. He now realised he was actually with Seokjin together. Alone.

"Is something bothering you, Namjoon?" He looked at his side to see a worried face. Jin really was like a mom sometimes. He could sense things, that others couldn't. Namjoon hoped the male next to him didn't have some telepathic powers as well. No one wanted to see what was all going on inside of his head.

"I'm guessing you like someone, don't you?" Namjoon's eyes got bigger by those words. He really didn't read his mind right? He tried to swallow, but all of sudden his mouth felt dry. He scraped his throat. "Well, what if I would? That person wouldn't even like me back anyways." From his left, he saw Jin shaking his head. "That's not true. I'm sure she would like you back, but you know you can't have a rela-" Namjoon interrupted him.

"It's not a girl." He took a deep breath, while Seokjin was so much closer to finding out the truth. "Who is it, one of us?" He whispered and looked at him with a straight face. There couldn't be found any emotions in the beauty of his eyes. Namjoon just nodded and didn't dare to look at the other. If he would, he would surely expose himself to him. He would eventually find out anyway.

"Look at me." The stern voice made Namjoon look at Jin. He didn't noticed that the male had been moving some closer to him and he got nervous when he saw him there, standing almost against him. "Tell me." He said, as he was a mother that asked her child if he did something while he wasn't allowed to.

"It's one of you, indeed. I couldn't keep it a secret any longer anyway. You're too good at being a detective, Kim Seokjin." He tried to smile, but he looked really anxious instead. It was as if Jin was staring right through his soul. "It's me, isn't it?"

When Namjoon looked away, the truth had been revealed. He had expected that Jin would have already walked away by now, but instead, he felt the soft lips he had been dreaming about for so long, against his own.