Chapter 8- "Shakespeare was secretly gay"

* Remember to vote :) *

After what had felt like hours upon hours of sitting against the wall in front of the large menacing door to the Alpha's room, Alex walked out. Even though he was still in his wolf form, he looked bewildered but somewhat accomplished. He ran to the bathroom and a few minutes later he came out, fully clothed and brown hair tousled.

"Alrighty, since you don't have your own room yet, you'll be staying in mine," He declared, standing in front of me. 

I instantly stood up, my inner wolf growling with cautiousness.

"I don't think that's a good idea, I mean--"

He laughed, cutting me off.

"Calm down, Destiny, I'll be staying in Lucy's room," He said.

I sighed in relief. He had a mate and I had nothing to worry about.

"Well I never got to thank you properly, so um thanks. It really means a lot to me and I just want you to know that I appreciate it that you brought me here," I mentioned.

"Yeah, it's fine," He replied, smiling at me warmly. "I'll go pack up a few things from my room and then you can make yourself right home. Be right back,"

Home. Was this really home now? It felt so weird. The memory of my Mother when she'd dropped me off at my old packhouse and told me that I'd be safe there and she'd come back one day drifted into my mind. As an eight year old, it had been hard to adjust to living in such a new environment, but it'd been even harder to process the realization that she wasn't going to come back. I was never really a big fan of change, but last year had taught me that life changes whether you'd like it or not.

I let the memory slip back into the folds of my mind and thought about what was taking Alex so long. I had grown pretty restless, being in the same spot for a while now.

 I scooped up my bag and adjusted my messy ponytail. I almost forgot that I was still right outside of the Alpha's door. I thanked the Moon Goddess that I was hidden away from anyone else's view right now. I knew for sure that people would judge me the way a couple of them had outside. It made sense though, considering I was a new and small wolf from the enemy's pack, they had every right to not include me. 

"Sorry I took a while, I would take you upstairs but I have somewhere to be at the moment," Alex appeared in front of me, wearing a long beige coat and his warm smile. "Just go to the third floor and turn to the right. When you see a light turquoise door, use this key," He tossed me a small silver key which I surprisingly caught. 

"Thanks, Alex," I grinned.

"Don't mention it. Anyways I have to get going, I'll catcha' later, love," He waved and ran off. 

I examined the silver key in my hand and smiled at it. Time to find that turquoise door.

***********************************************************************

After running through three flights of wide marble stairs with my petite legs, I was out of breath. The turquoise door wasn't hard to find, and I stood before it and clicked the silver key into it. I opened the door and smiled at the large room in front of me. It had a massive bed with many gray pillows and looked so inviting. The bed was so neatly arranged that I didn't even jump on it even though the thought came to mind.

 I slipped off my boots on a mat to the right and then walked over to the bed and sunk in it. I sighted contently and stretched onto it, inhaling the fresh smell of mint and soap and just the freshness of it all. I almost fell asleep right then and there but I realized that I was still in the sweatshirt and jeans I was a while ago.