Chapter 9- "She'd killed a Smurf"

*Please vote! :) *

After briefly meeting with Luna Arcadia (who was way nicer than I'd expected), together we'd determined what job would be good for someone my size. After failing to pick up heavy boxes or run fast from room to room, the Luna found a job for me. 

She told me that I'd be working in one of the offices in the pack house and would help to maintain the pack's deliveries. She explained how the Arctic Lights pack held the largest supply of frozen water which helped to make our wolves strong and healthy as it was really fresh and carried lots of minerals. It was a precious resource that was traded and sold to our neighbouring packs. My job was to reply to emails from the other packs and create lists and schedules revolving around what was being traded, sold, and bought. These lists would be given to the driver of the deliveries. 

After all of that explaining, Luna Arcadia told me that I'd be starting my job tomorrow and would get paid every month. It really surprised me of how organized this pack was. 

After we'd said our goodbyes, I'd ran to the third floor and arrived there panting. I hadn't really been active for a whole year like I used to be. Maybe I'd go for more runs now since there were no stupid shirtless jerks who made your heart rate multiply by a thousand around here.

I pushed the turquoise door open and thought about what I'd do for the rest of the day. Staring out of the massive glass window, I watched the snowflakes falling beautifully without a care. Who could ever get sick of a sight like this? Past the snowflakes, the third floor had a view beyond the evergreen forest. I could make out some buildings in an old little downtown area. If I was going to really stay in this pack, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to start getting familiar with the area.

I decided to change out of my sweats and into a more appropriate outfit composed of dark skinny jeans and a comfortable over sized baby pink sweater which smelled fondly of my mom's perfume, no matter how many times it'd been washed. 

I adjusted my glasses and quickly tied my hair into a somewhat presentable side fishtail braid. As I pulled on a pair of short boots, I realized that I didn't have a coat. Back in Meadowville where my old pack was situated, it was always sunny and warm with mild winters that only required sweaters. It rarely snowed there which meant that I hadn't needed a coat. But I did now.

Oh shit.

I then remembered Alex mentioning his mate, Lucy. Since the twins were out at the moment, maybe she could help me. But where could she even be? And what would I say, that I'm staying in her mate's room and needed to steal a jacket? No. I couldn't just walk up to a random girl and ask for a coat... Maybe I'd just sit here and wait till Alex would come back. Although that probably made me come off as a needy little teenager who couldn't do anything by herself, so I should probably leave him alone. So where would I get a jacket?!

I need to stop freaking overthinking, I sighed. If Amber were here, she would've snapped at me and told me to "get my ass to business". Unfortunately, I was awkward and Amber wasn't, she didn't know that I dreaded meeting new people.

My eyes trailed over to Alex's closet, and as bad as I felt snooping around in his personal belongings, maybe there was a coat I could borrow. Next month when I would get my paycheck, I'd buy myself a coat-- Right after a few new books.

I strode over to the closet and cautiously opened it and gasped when I saw what was inside, it was like a dream come true! No, there wasn't a bunch of nice shoes, makeup, or stacks of money, but a large bookshelf filled with books.

"Wow," I breathed, flabbergasted at the wondrous sight. I dragged my fingers along the worn out spines of the books and felt a familiar sense of home rush through me. I pulled out one and smiled, 'Pride and Prejudice'. It seemed like Alex was into classics.