Chapter 22- "Dest, get in the goddamned bed, now."

*Are y'all ready :) Enjoy and please vote! <3*

The road was completely covered in thick blankets of glistening white snow, and the rapid snowflakes that fell around the truck endlessly indicated that we would be here for a while.

"I told the Alpha we shouldn't have gone to deliver today," Alex murmured, his breath fogging out. I shivered involuntarily, wishing I'd worn a much thicker sweater

I honestly didn't even know how I'd ended up in this situation. It had been weeks of the silent treatment between Alex and I. Weeks of driving individually to deliver resources. Long dreadful weeks of pretending like neither of us existed-- And we somehow ended up here in the dead of the night, stuck in an empty snow-filled road thanks to an unexpected blizzard. 

"It's okay, though," Alex said softly. "I really don't mind spending this time with you, Dest."

My breathing hitched slightly and I tried so hard to not turn around and gaze into his mossy eyes. The more he told me these sweet things, the harder it was for me to resist him. 

So I continued to stare out the window of the yellow pick up truck, admiring the beautiful winter wonderland. I shivered again, but not a moment too soon, a familiar scent of mint and vanilla engulfed me as a warm jacket was planted around my shoulders. I gratefully snuggled into it, embracing the warmth and the scent. 

"Thanks," I whispered. 

Another long few minutes of silence trickled by.

I had to break the ice somehow. This silence was driving me insane. It wasn't like how we normally would've been a few months ago-- Happily conversing about some book or blasting Hedley in this very truck. Yet there was a thick, heavy tension in the air; An unpleasant result of no proper conversation for weeks. 

I could only manage to choke out one thing, other than Alex on my mind.

"These snowflakes are so captivating," I began. "They're just. . Drifting from the sky and clinging to whatever they land on. I just really want to go out and step on that untouched fresh snow."

My words trailed off as I continued to stare at the mesmerizing depths of the natural work of art. Frigid snow had never looked so intriguing.

His deep voice shattered my thoughts.

"Destiny," the way he spoke my name brought a shiver to me, despite his warm coat. "I'd really like to do that too. But right now, I really want to something else instead,"

I didn't know why he was whispering, but I was entranced.

"And what would that be?" I whispered back, finally letting my brown eyes meet his green ones.

He slowly began to lean in. I blinked. His fingers trailed across the seat and then he laced them through mine. I held them tighter. He closed the distance between us, so close that our noses were touching, so close that his forehead rested gently against mine. There was only one thing missing.

"Dest, I just really, really want to kiss you right now," he muttered.

"Go for it."

Our lips touched, and in that moment, Earth stopped spinning. Time slowed down just for us as seconds lazily danced by. It was finally happening. The kiss was like magic, incomparable, and so much more than I ever could've dreamed of. His lips felt like the inside of a flower, so sweet, I couldn't get enough.

He moved one of his hands that was cupped around my face down to my waist, deepening the kiss. I held onto tousles of his brown hair. I had waited so long for this moment, I never wanted to let go.