08

A smirk graced his face and I looked away.

"Very well then. Now that all of that is cleared up let's get to the rules, shall we?" Fredrick said in a cheery tone. I never said it wasn't a fake cheery tone.

All eyes fell on him, waiting for him to explain. Honestly he is taking his damn sweet time and I need this to end so I can sleep. I have serious jet lag so I need him to hurry up.

"Let's cut to the chase." His face tuned from a fake cheery to a robotic stern look. It feels like the whole room suddenly decreased in warmth with his icy look and everyone is still expecting him to talk.

"You stay in here for as long as you can and the last person to leave this place wins. When you choose to leave, you will find seven canoes at the edge of the island from where you came from. You take it and leave,forever." He said eyeing each of us. I scratched at my thighs, a nervous habit of mine. Either way nothing will stop me from getting that money.

"From now on you will make your own food," Somebody smacker their lips at the mention of this and Fredrick turned to face him.

"A problem, Mr. Styles?" He said in a not so cheery tone. More of a rough one.

"Well you see," He slapped his hands in a prayer form. " I don't make my own food. My food is made for me." He said with a fake smile.

"Well now you do," Fredrick said, mimicking Harry's expression. Harry grunted and Fredrick continued.

"As I was saying, you will make your own food. You may wander, but watch where you wander. You seven will be the only humans left in this mansion the moment I leave, which will be in a few minutes."

"Wait. What do you mean only humans in the mansion?" Camille questioned.

"I mean what I said." He said with a monotone voice and looked directy at her. It looked like she wanted to say something else but she was immediatly cut off by Fredrick.

"You are allowed to use what you acquire but be wise. You will experience many things during your time at the HHS and I give you one piece of advice."

"Be careful with your choices and think about how you act. It decides your fate. "

"What do you mean? Stop speaking in fucking riddles," Jake seethed.

"It means what I said," Fredrick repeated and with that he began to walk away. His hands firmly crossed behind his back while he made his way to the front door.

"Hey! We still have questions!" Jake yelled angrily. He pushed his chair off to he side and a door opening was heard from he entrance to the house.

"Hey!" Jake yelled again. He sped up his walking and stormed to the door which Fredrick just passed through.

"I'm not missing this," Harry got up and went the same way as Fredrick and Jake.

"I'll go too." Camille muttered. She too pushed her chair to the side. I guess this is some sort of triggering thing cause with that Jenny and Riley joined them.

Might as well get up too. What's to do here besides admire the furniture? I lifted myself off the seat and steadily started to walk off but then noticed that Samuel was still behind.

I awkwardly shifted my feet from side to side deciding on what to do.

I'm not to great with social skills.

"Um Samuel, you coming?" I asked him. He faced me with an inviting smile.

"Nah I don't need to see an old man walk away," He chuckled. I slowly smiled and nodded my head but quickly skidded off to the front door.

"Where the hell is he?!" Jake glowered. He yanked the door open but Fredrick was nowhere in sight.

"How did he do that?" Jenny wondered. What are they talking about? All I know is I don't see Fredrick.

"What happened?" I asked to no one in general. As long as someone answers I'm fine.

"The butler was walking down the path and we all looked away and suddenly he's gone," Harry stated, not looking at me but rather still trying to spot the suited man. Everybody muttered incoherent sentences when something suddenly

caught my eye.

I swiftly turn my head and I see a clear floating black figure off to the side. I gasp loudly and feel like my breath is knocked out of me.

"What?" Jenny asks.  I rub my eyes and look back up to be faced with nothing. Why the hell does everything keep disappearing? I'm starting to freak out but my eyes are still on the prize.

-

"So. Freakin. Tired." I plopped headfirst onto my bed and layed there with my arms and legs sprawled like a starfish.

After what happened with Fredrick eveybody decided to just retire to their rooms and that's where I am now.

I lay there silently for what seems like ten mimutes and then turn on my back to face the ceiling.

I'm still waiting for something big to happen since I haven't been actually scared so far. I'm not going to include the small sightings of the ghosts or whatever those things that I saw were since it's most likely just my imagination. Besides, they dissapeared right after I cleared my eyes or took a better look so that's more of a proof that it's just my imagination. I dont understand how this can even be qualified as some sort of haunted house.

It truly looks like a beautiful and elegant place. No sign of anything scary or lurking has appeared except for the thing you call your imagination. I don't usuay gets these thoughts but with everything invading my mind I can tell why I'm imagining it.

I'm not too sure how the others feel about this place yet. They seem pretty normal besides their small quirks.

Riley is just plain perverted. His eyes almost never left my cleavage and how he always licked his lips- GOD IT FREAKING ANNOYED ME. Like what the hell, do you have some left over food on their that you just so desperatly want to lick of your mouth? Are your lips seriously that dry? Or is your tongue just so stupid that it feels the need to flap over your lips every ten seconds? Either way, it freaked me out.

Camille seemed okay. For all I know she could be some sort of serial killer but oh well. She looked really pretty which is somethimg I'm not too happy about. It will make this much more harder with jealousy overriding me. Not to mention her australian accent.

Jake seems to me like the most... angriest one. Or however you'd like to put it. Always with that loud roaring voice of his and also his big muscles don't help his case. He is pretty intimidating and so far he seems like my biggest rival. His toughness makes him look like the hardest to crack.

Jenny is just Jenny. I thought she was a decent person when I met her and of course along with meeting her causes jealousy. I just hate this!! Me being jealous of everyone ruins my life but I can't help it. I'm just overpowered with this desire o have what they have. Anyway,nlw she's just rude and doesn't even do anything whatsoever. Lazy ass. All she did was eat her food and she even ordered Samuel to get her another plate of food. Bitchy much?

Samuel is a decent guy so far. I've

had my only decent conversation with him so far. I don't know why but I thought it was a bit funny when he went for a lot of food. Each time his plate would come back stacked a little higher. He certainly has an appetite.

I don't really know Harry but from what I've heard him say he really likes to talk about himself. It's either 'Oh I did this'   'I have that'   'I won this'.  Blah blah blah. Boaster.

This is what I have so far on each contestant. It's minimal but it's a start. In order to win this thing I have to find their weaknesses. To do that you have to pay attention and that's exactly what I'm going to do.