50

Songs for the chapter:

Breathe Me - Sia

Your Song - Ellie Goulding

All These Things That I've Done - The Killers

When You Were Young - The Killers

-

"Emery!" Harry grabs me by my shoulder and it sends a jolt through my body waking me up a bit. The back of my head hurts and I can feel a loud pulse echoeing through my head.

"Emery, shit." He mutters and runs a hand through his hair. My body feels weak but I ignore it the most I can and get up with Harry's aid. "Oh Emery." He says and wraps me in a tight embrace.

A series of deep yells become more prominent and Harry rushes to pick two of the bags up, leaving me to carry my camera bag. I feel a soft warmth coming from the back of my head and reach out to touch it. My hand comes back bright red and I grimace at the sight. This is bad.

He notices and his frown gets deeper. That's when I notice blood trickling down the sides of his face onto his neck and an open wound in his left leg.

"Harry your hurt," I say. My words sounding sloppy and he looks down and breathes harshly.

He ignores my comment and pulls us both forward so that we can run to the door. The dark entry way is the entrance to hell, and I'm never coming back here.

I'd rather die than come back to this place.

Outside, the air feels fresh against my skin and eases the pounding in my head. Harry limps as he runs and grunts when his foot makes impact to the ground. His gait growing akward.

"Hey where's Jake?" I remember and say it slowly, as if my words might trip on their own.

"He's back there," Breathes. "The black figure found us and we," Breathes. "Got hurt but I saw him running." He pauses within his sentence to pant and we slow down to a jog. I look back but there is still no sign of the Black Figure nor Jake.

The huge and intricate gate towers over us by many feet and it takes us a few seconds to open it. Once we do, we sprint the best we can (which isn't that good) and it leaves me heaving and exhausted to the core. I have to hunch over several times for a break and also to throw up some blood. It proves that I have internal injuries and I shiver at the thought.

Sweat glistens both of our faces but luckily the slightly windy weather adds a tiny soothing feeling. Finally, we arrive at the water, extremely tired out and my vision blanking out due to the tremendous lack of blood. Harry is trembling and his leg is soaking in the the red substance.

"The canoe," I mutter weakly and Harry shows me a smile. We throw the bags inside and I mentally curse at myself for forgetting to bring the emergency kit, or as Harry says that it is actually called, the First Aid Kit.

Harry takes a seat inside the boat and grabs the paddles. I look off to the side and see there are only three canoes left. What? What happened to the canoes of the people we didn't put in there...?

I shake it off and immediately grab the clothes bag and take out one of my shirts, looking behind me to see if there is any sign of Jake.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks. He squints his eyes and places his hands around his cut.

"Helping you," I say. I add some water from the water bottle to the shirt and drench it. I then place it on his injury and his face turns to one of relief. I proceed to dab his face with it as well. The shirt is getting extremely dirty but it doesn't even matter to me anymore.