17

We searched around the room a little longer trying to see if we could uncover anything else but no such thing happened. We dusted the portraits and scanned the edges of everything but it was clear that they were the only things occupying the area. 

"Harry, I doubt there's anything else in here. I already recorded enough and took pictures," I said. Harry sighs from the other side of the stuffy room. No windows appeared on the walls and the light  on the ceiling was the only things allowing us too see. The dim light that my camera lit out also helped a minimal amount. 

"Okay, lets go. But let me take one more look. Just to make sure," He mumbles and walks over to the left side of the room where the first portrait was placed.

"Fine," I say and sit down on the floor against the wall with my knees tucked up to my chest. The wallpaper is a bit worn out. Tiny roses decorated it and the background was a white muddy color like a kid at the dentist who never brushed his teeth and they began to yellow. 

I watch Harry walk around and examine the walls and take closer looks. My head begins to tire out from bobbing on my knees and what I wanted to be a subtle placing of my head against the wall, became me roughly hitting it. A hollow sound sounded when I hit my head against the rotting wall and Harry seemed to notice as his head turned in my direction. 

"What was that?" He asked. 

I softly rubbed my head in the injured area. "I, I hit my head on the wall and it made that noise. Did it sound hollow to you?" I wondered. 

" Yeah," His eyebrows furrowed and he walked towards me in a heavy pace. He briskly knocked on it and again it sounded hollow, I got up and knocked as well.

I've seen hollow walls before and felt them and this is definitely one of them. When I was younger my dad would remodel our busted up house and once in a while he would forget to add that yellowy stuff that goes inside the walls. I forget what it's called but that's beside the point. He would start cursing shit under his breath and was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. He would then demand me to do things for him and glared at me each time. God, I 'm glad I'm out of that hellhole. 

Harry pressed his ear against the wall and tapped on it once more. "I think it is. Put you're head here and listen," I did as he said and he knocked it again and yes. Definitely hollow. 

"Yeah, what do you think it is? Maybe something's inside it. We need to find out but how do we open it." I said in an eager voice. Maybe there is something inside that will help us. Either that or another idiot like my dad made this one.

" I could punch it," He said in a smug grin. "I mean look at my muscles. Better than anyone's i've seen. "He flexed his arm to show me the muscle and I would never admit it to him but this boy has got body. The tattoos add even more to that. It looks like he works out a lot and basically has the body of a male model. You can't deny his attractiveness because he is. Sometimes I see these perfectly thin and beautiful people out there and in gyms working out and it just makes me jealous and hate them even though I don't know them. Am I mean? Maybe, but I couldn't give two shits if I am since I don't even know them. Sadly, my best friend happens to be one of those 'perfect' people. Body like a model, gorgeous and what pisses me off is that she always denies it. I would kill for a body like hers and here she is complaining. Sometimes I just want to slap some sense into Daisy. 

"Haha, no. Besides, I think Jake's are way bigger than yours," I sport a smug grin as well and fold my hands over my chest. Harry's mouth slightly gapes open while he stumbles for a comeback.

"W-well, he probably uses steroids. Ha, got you there," He stupidly says and fold his arms across his chest too.

"Woah there Harry. Don't get too wild on me," I say sarcastically and put my hands up in mock surrender. Yeah sure, Jake probably does have a bigger body than Harry but Harry being Harry would never even think of accepting that.