41

Harry Styles

We need to find out what is behind that steel door. Her dreams- everything that has been happening- somehow has something to do with it. Everything feels like it just connects with it.

And now that Emery was hurt that way. By the fucking black figure I need to end it more than ever. She's been hurt so much before and to have these things happening to her again and again and again, it's like an endless cycle of her getting hurt.

And I don't even care if that makes me sound weak or soft. Because it's true. She makes me feel that way. For as long as I've known her, even if I may not have known her for a year or more. It's been just a little less than a month I suppose. But isn't that enough? Some people believe in love at first sight.

Now of course that didn't happen between Emery and I. I disliked her a lot in the beginning if I'm being honest. It's hard to point out exactly the reason I disliked her but I know who I am and what I'm like. I've always been like that- not liking people even before I speak to them.

I feel like it has to do with the fact that I'm better than mostly everybody and people just don't reach up to my standards.

And I kind of hate that I'm like that. But I can't do anything about it because that's how I've always been and it's not so easy to change. I've tried so hard to at least try to change but each time, something pulls me back and yells at me to stop and to just admit that I'm better.

But right now, with Emery's head in my lap and my back against the headboard with my fingers gently ruffling her hair, for once I don't think I'm better. Because I know for a fact that Emery is better. In every way someone can possibly be better than you. The other thing is that I don't even know what we are exactly. I mean, we've kissed and I know I have feelings for her but we've never said it was official.

I shake my head out of my thoughts and focus on Emery. She breathes steadily and she stares off in front of her. It's crazy to think that if I hadn't got there in time something horrible could've happened to her. She could be gone and I thank god a million times over and over again for letting her stay with me.

She suddenly gasps and becomes tense in my arms.

"Harry!"

"What?" I ask and she looks at me with wide eyes and lips slightly ajar.

"Jenny. What happened to her?Did you bring her up too? Or what happened...?"

"Oh," Is all I say. I didn't get there soon enough to witness what happened to Jenny or Emery. When I arrived, I had seen her on the floor with many blood marks trailing down the sides of her neck and body. She layed limply on the ground and I was shocked and must admit I felt bad. Why are these innocent people getting hurt like that?

I found Emery at the end of the hallway with blood trailing down her neck as well and I was horrified by the thoughts of what the black figure had done.

"What happened to her Harry? Where is she?" She asks more quietly this time, almost afraid of my answer.

"I-When I got there I saw her bleeding and everything and I didn't-I checked her pulse and her breathing and she was... she's dead Emery. So I didn't bring her up. Just you." I say.

"What? And you didn't even think of what could happen to her there? What if something worse happened to her? What if she actually isn't dead? Harry we need to go check." She says and jumps off the bed. She grabs her shoes and attemps to put them on.

"No. Emery," I grab her hand lightly and make her stand. "She's gone, okay? And I know I should've done something to her and brought her up or anything but I didn't and we can't change it anymore. I'm sorry." I finish my speech off with a sigh and push my long hair out of my face. Small tears form in the corners of her eyes and she looks off to the side.

"Emery..."I reach for her.

"She was raped Harry," She faces me again and her voice cracks slighty.

"What? By who?Oh my..." I feel out of breath. Raped? How could she have been...?

"Riley did it." I should have known. I should have fucking known! I mean, I know he was a disgusting pervert and a shitty person but raping somebody is horrible. It is a terrible thing to do and it just makes me mad when people joke about something so serious. It isn't something that should be taken lightly or as a joke.

"That fucking fuck." I shake my head and put it in my hands. "I'm so fucking glad I stopped him from ever touching you. If he would have ever layed a finger on you like that, the black figure wouldn't be the one to have killed him." I state defensively.

"Harry don't say that." She lightly touches my shoulder. I sigh deeply and look at her. "Wait, I rememer before she... died, she also said to look into the clues. I dont really know what she meant but she said it right after she told me that Riley um raped her. I think that has something to do with it."

"Maybe..." I ponder. Everything that has happened connects to one thing. One main thing is the reason that this is happening and we need to find out what it is in order to stop this.

"Emery."

"Hmm."

"I think it's time."

"Are you sure?" She asks worriedly.

"Emery it is the Harry Styles you are talking to. Am I ever not sure?" I ask just to lift up her spirits and not have her as worried or scared. She chuckles and slaps my arm lightly.

"Of course you would." She rolls her eyes jokingly. "Okay let's do this before all the bravery I just suddenly got goes away. Now get the key." She instructs. I roll over and open the drawer on the side of the bed. I sift through it to find the old key that we tied with some thread to make it a necklace. Gently, I place it around my neck and stand up.

"Okay let's do this."

Sorry if you think it's short but it is just a filler so don't worry. The next chapter will be more...intense? Crazy? Will make you undertsand a bit more I think. VOTE, COMMENT (I love comments) AND SHARE. THANK YOUU.

P.S. I hope your fave bangs you like shutters during a hurricane. :)