10

I walk down the stairs and scan the entire area. Everything is the same, looking old and for once actually creepy. It's not the elegant and fancy mansion it once was. It is now something more frightening because it leaves us with an unanswered question. What happened to the mansion? The same question keeps ringing in my ears but there is no obvious answer.

What is left for me to do is just leave it. Maybe this could be a good thing actually. The others will be too scared or confused and might end up leaving. With the scarier appearance, they might not be able to handle it.

I, on the other hand, need to win so that I can finally be able to get things that others don't have. This is my only opportunity and I'm sure as hell gonna take it.

I take the last few steps down the stairs and walk over to the massive kitchen.

Samuel leans over the edge of the counter making something and moving his hands at a swift pace. His back is facing me so I go up to him and look over his shoulder.

"Sandwich?" I ask him.

"Yup. Nothing better than a classic sandwitch," He says and takes a bit out of the edge then turns around to face me. I nod and shift a tiny bit then prop my elbow on the counter.

"Did you see how the house looks? Crazy right? I wonder how it happened," He mutters in between bites. He leans over and holds a glass of water to his lips to take a sip.  His belly rounds over the edge of his pants and his arms and legs move a little with each movement.

"Ya. I don't know. I don't see how it's even possible. All I've come up with is that it's possibly some illusion. Maybe, holograms. It's really confusing," He nods along with my words while still eating his sandwich and I scratch my thighs. A bad habit.

"Maybe, it's a good theory. Well, I'm gonna eat this in the dining room," He speaks and begins to walk away. I return a smile and try to make my food which ends up also being a simple sandwich.

-

I have spent the day doing nothing much but wandering, talking, and you can't forget being jealous.

I looked around the mansion for a bit but I didn't get far because it was too much like a maze. I ended up getting lost more than once and it was very hard to find my way back. I decided to just leave the exploring for later.

I bumped into Camille while going through the mazelike hallways and we walked around and talked for a little. I learned that she just came for the money. All she really wants is the money similar to me but I want it to have things that other people don't and stop this feeling I hate. She said she just wants it because she loves money. Every little bit from a nickel to a hundred dollars. You offer it and she'll take it. We got a little bit of snacks from the kitchen too but she didn't share anything she had yet, she took handfuls of my food. She seems... greedy. She just wants more of everything she already has. 

Of course she had to say everything she owns and I wanted it. I still do. She just has sooo much. She also.gossiped a bit about the others but mostly of Samuel. She kept saying that every time she saw him he was either eating or drinking. For a while he had slurred his words and he had obviously been drunk.

Now it is around ten at night and I'm getting food to eat. It is never too late for a good old bowl of cereal.

I sift through the drawers to find the things to make cereal which takes a few minutes since there are a lot. Finally, I find a bowl, spoon, milk, and luckily I found some cocoa puffs barely peeking in the back of the cupboard. It is the best cereal human kind has ever ever invented. I guess I just have a sweet tooth, also considering the milk always turns into chocolate milk. Nothing better than this.

I set the bowl on the kitchen island and lazily plop the spoon into the bowl. I turn around to get the milk on the counter and then turn back around to pour it in. I place the milk on the kitchen island and spin off the lid. When I begin to pour, what I am faced with is no spoon in my bowl.

Didn't I just put one there? I'm pretty sure I did. I begin to move things to find my spoon but it doesn't appear. I remember I just set it down only a few minutes ago. It couldn't have just grown legs and walked away. I run my hand in my hair and lean against the counter. I fold my arms around my chest and peer out the window.

A dark figure suddenly flashes across the window and I let out a loud gasp. I take a few steps back and widen my eyes. Next to me I see the same figure but it quickly disappears. I whip my head around in fear and again, the figure appears only a few feet away from me but quickly disappears as soon as it comes. I start to run off to my room and I quickly step up the stairs. The figure swoops past me and I yell and trip.

My head knocks against one of the steps and I fresh tears prick my eyes. I hold my head and just begin to run again without looking back. Tears fall down my cheeks and I run as fast as I can. I turn hallways and I end up at a dead end. I hear another scream near by but I ignore it.

It is the same dead end that I came to the first day that I arrived. The mirror stands at the end of the hallway and I slowly walk to it. I'm still crying but I keep walking towards the mirror. I take a quick glance behind my shoulder and I see nothing. I keep hearing continuous yells but I can't seem to pay any attention to them. I continue to the mirror and once I'm up to it I see something I wish I never saw.

[Thanks for reading, and the story does get better so please keep reading. Thanks again :)]