38

My breath hitches in my throat. I don't move at all and I just stare at the black figure through the mirror. It's looking straight at me and I can almost feel it looking into my soul.

Black cloak and red eyes. My eyes take a fleeting glance at its "hands" and I see the black shiny bone. It starts walking towards me very slowly and I hear it whisper my name.

"Emery."

Everything is dark now. The only source of light being the red eyes. I watch them as they come closer and my breathing accelerates. My heart pounds so loudly in my chest and a ringing noise blasts in my ears. My hands become increasingly sweaty as I turn around to face it.

It's only a few feet away from me. Its bony fingers starting to reach out towards me and I'm yelling at myself in my head to do something, to move, to retaliate, anything. But I do nothing.

I feel the urge to call for Harry but what's the use? He probably wouldn't get here in... time. And I can't risk him getting hurt. I just can't. I rather have it just be me to go instead of him too.

He can do so much with his life. So much. He's got almost everything you can ever want and I can't tear him away from that. I don't have much. Besides, nothing is ever good enough for me. I always want what others have and having to live with that sucks a whole lot.

The black figure approaches me closer and I take some steps back. It's arms are extended in front of it and are almost touching my arms. I let out a whine at the back of my throat and shut my eyes.

I hear it whisper my name many times in a extremely raspy voice and it gets just the tiniest bit louder each time. I feel it touch my shoulder and I shut my eyes even tighter. Its fingers touch my skin and it sends bad shivers through me. It's almost too painful to even take.

Then I feel it's other hand claw into my shoulder and dig deep into my skin. I wince at the pressure and I keep telling myself over and over again this is it, this is the end. It's all over now.

And all I'm thinking about is Harry. When I go I want him to be the last thing I think about. The one source of light throughout this dark space. The ony person that actually made me feel wanted. And now I'm crying silently because this is it.

The black figure starts piercing into my skin and the best I can do is try to shove it off but it stays still and seems completely unaffected.

It grabs me harder and the blood drips down my shoulders.

I start hitting at it and yelling for it to stop but it still doesn't move.

"Stop! Let go let go!" I hit it's arms and I feel it loosening its grip on my shoulders a little but the pain is still intense.

"LET ME GO!" I yell louder through my chocked sobs. "STOP STOP!" I push with all the force I have and it stumbles back. When I touch it, it just feels like the tattered cloth of the cloak and extremely bony flesh.

"EMERY!" It yells and claws at my face. I touch my cheek in agony at the stinging feeling and watch the blood stain my fingers. It grabs me by my shoulders again and shakes me wildly pounding my head against the mirror on the wall. I try pushing it or throwing a few punches but nothing works. The rooms starts to spin around me and my vision turns white at the edges. The force on the back of my head brings me blinding pain and I thrash around best I can.

"H-arr-ry!" I try to yell but it comes out more of a choked cry. Then, with my vision blurring more and more by the seconds, the black figure suddenly stops shaking me and turns around so quickly I can almost hear the crack in its neck. It lets me go and I fall to the floor, unable to support my own weight. I feel the warmth on my cheek slide down the side of my face as the blood drips to the foor.

Then I see why the black figure stopped shaking me. I hear a high pitched scream come from the end of the hallway. The black figure pulls somethig behind it and I notice it's not just something, it's Jenny.

It pulls her by her hair and her hands reach up to her hair as to try to numb some of the pain. I try calling for her but the loudest I can do is a whisper. She's yelling for help, the yelps echoing through the hallway and she's begging for it to stop.

"Stop please let go!" She's crying in agony when she notices me.

"Emery. Emery! Emery!" She's yelling. My head feels like it's spinning a thousand miles a minute and I'm starting to get light headed. I call her for in a small voice and she watches me strugggle on the floor while I watch her stuggle too.

"Emery I need to tell you now," She says and by now the black figure has her floating in the air and is grabbing her by her hair. She winces in pain but manages to get the words out.

"Riley, h-he raped me. Then he wa-was killed. Look into the clues Emery. Figure i-it out." Then she yells the loudest I've ever heard. The black figure stabbed his claws into her thigh and then drops her too the floor.

I'm laying on the floor bleeding when it happens. He starts scratching her everywhere with his long bloody claw like fingers and she keeps screaming and crying for help. Why is no one coming? Can they not hear us? It starts slapping her with its claws leaving her bloody everywhere. It's yelling now. Screaming her name in the scariest voice I've ever heard. I try to place my hand on my ears to block out the noise but I'm too weak to move. The loud ringing erupts in my ears and my vision is almost all the way gone.

This is it. This is the end.

I watch as he breaks her neck and I internally gasp. No no no no no.

I think of Harry and I think of all the good times we've had. I think of his smile and his laugh and those dimples that make me want to poke him all the time. I think of the way he saved me one to many times. How he kissed me.

And I feel myself slipping away. My head becomes light and my body feels numb. I can't see anything anymore. Everything is just black. The only thing on my mind is Harry.

I love Harry.

I realize that now. Then I feel myself slip into oblivion.

Holy shit.