Chapter 14

Sierra

  It was becoming colder. This made Sierra open her eyes. He wasn't there. She sat in the bed. Was it all a dream of her tired mind? She touched her cheek. No,she could feel the bruise. She let head fall on pillow. She sighed. Familiar smell. His cologne. What's happening?  She stood up and went to the kitchen.

  " Ramin? " she called,but there was no answer. Her eyes landed on a piece of paper on a table. " His handwriting," she thought and read the note. " Does Andrew ever sleep?" was her first thought after she finished reading.

  Okay. Ramin was with Andrew, but what the time was? 9 am. Yes. Andrew was crazy. Not breaking news.

  Sierra took a shower and then made herself coffee. She took some berries from the fridge,a cup of coffe and went back into her room.  She cleaned the bed and sat on it with her cup. After like 10 minutes of staring into nothing and finishing the drink her gaze landed on her guitar. She hadn't touched it since the arguement with Ramin. She shook her head, as if she didn't want to remember that situation,and took the guitar.

  What should she play?

  Up where they walk,
  Up where they run

  " No,that's bad," she said,at least she could sing after being choked. " Stop it,you,pessimist!" she told herself, " Ramin was there,of course you're okay now...wait," she looked at the calendar. What day was it? The 9th of September.

  " My God! Ramin's birthday is in a week and three days!" her eyes were wide. What should she get for him?

  Almost ten years of friendship! Wait! Was he her friend or.. Well,they kissed each other, didn't they? He kissed her first! So he loved her,right? 

  She knew what she would give him as a present. She would sing him a song.

  " God,it's ridiculous!" she sighed, " A song? How imaginative of you,Sierra!" she almost hissed.

  She never sang her songs personally to someone (well, it wasn't really her song,but still) and Ramin knew it,right? He had to know,he's her...friend?

  " Just practise the song!" she told herself. And began.

  You'll never know just how much I miss you
You'll never know just how much I care
...
  She rehearsed this song for more than two times and thought she was done with it for that day,but not done with the guitar. There was a song she liked very much.

The party's begun, but your heart is on numb tonigth
The music, it won't sing to you
The thoughts won't leave your mind

But there is a sound, a sound somewhere singing
There, it's in the willows
There, it's where the wind blows
On the river, in the open

It sings of all we are
In the Song of the Human Heart

Sierra closed her eyes and continued.

The dark unfolds and ferries you over
Buries your sorrow within its arms
A song of the hopeless with no rest tomorrow
All they know is
Something's gone...

She let a half smile appear on her lips,with eyes still closed she continued.

Yes, there is a sound, a sound somewhere singing
There, it's in the willows
There, it's where the wind blows
On the river, in the open

It sings of all we are
In the Song of the Human Heart

  Through the last chorus Sierra heard like someone was humming the words,but she decided not to notice that.

  When the final chord was played, she smiled and a satisfied sigh was let out.

  " I see,your guitar skills have improved greatly, " familiar tender tenor was heard and Sierra quickly opened her eyes.

  Ramin was standing infront of her leaned against the door frame and grinning proudly. He grinned even more when saw Sierra blushing.

  " Still not perfect," she added in a whisper, looking at her lap.

  " But better," Ramin reassured her and squated down infront of her. She smiled.

  " What did Andrew say?" she wanted to change the subject,because she was flustered.

  " It can wait," he answered and took guitar away from Sierra and put it on the bed beside her. " How are you feeling?" he looked at her with concern,she couldn't stop looking into his eyes.

  Sierra understood that he was waiting for an answer,but she couldn't manage to say a words when this man was so close with those warm brown eyes. Ramin felt the same way,but was trying to stay focused. And it didn't work well. Sierra felt like a young girl,who couldn't deal with her emotions. She wanted to kiss him so bad. When he wasn't around, she didn't think about it,but... However,she could say that Ramin wanted the same.

   " Ramin,we need to talk, " she wanted to start,but interrupted.

  " Wait,Sie," he took her hands, " We've been friends for almost ten years. We've dated other people,I was married,but it's not what I want to talk about," he stood up and helped Sierra to do the same,she looked at him almost in shock,he smiled, " It was in the past. Sierra Marjory Boggess,will you be my girlfriend?" she had never seen so much hope in his eyes. " If you need to think this through, I'm ready-," Sierra took his face and kissed him. Before he had time to answer her,she let his face go and put her hands around his neck,Ramin automatically put his arms around her waist. He grinned.

  " I take as a 'yes' " he said,but it sounded more like question.  Sierra chuckled.

  " Shut up and kiss me," she thought out loud and after she understood what she said,she blushed a little. He raised his eyebrow.

  " Oh,there is no need to ask me twice."

  Ramin moved her closer and pressed his lips against hers in a sweet kiss.