Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple

Angelica's POV

Angelica walked into the bar and the stench of male supremacy filled her nostrils. A drunk guy started to walk towards Eliza.

"Hey, wanna dance?" He slurred, reaching out to Eliza. Angelica grabbed his hand.

"Touch my sister, and you'll regret it." She growled.

"James, please, let's just go back." A small girl in red gently pushed the man away.

"Don't tell me what to do, woman!" he took the girl's hand and threw her aside. The girl crumpled under his strength.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" a buff, dark-skinned man walked through the crowd and came face to face with James.

"Or what?" the drunk man simply sneered.

"Or this," The buff guy pushed the other guys face into the nearest table.

"Whatever," The drunk guy stumbled out of the bar and Angelica breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey," the dark-skinned man knelt next to the red girl. Angelica recognized her immediately.

"Is that Maria?" Eliza whispered to her sister.

"I think so," Angelica replied. The man helped Maria up.

"I'm Hercules," he smiled at the small girl.

"M-m-maria," she managed a smile. "Well, I should head back home."

"Back to him? I don't think so." Herc frowned.

"H-h-he'll hurt me otherwise." Maria looked down. Angelica decided to take matters into her own hands.

"Maria, I'll ask Daddy to arrange it so you and Peggy are roomies," Angelica said.

"R-r-really?" Maria looked up, hopefully.

Angelica flashed her a smile. "Anything for a sister in need."

"Hey, hey Eliza!" An excited kid ran up to Eliza with a freckled boy behind him. It was the excited one that caught Angelica's eyes first.

"Oh, Alex! Hi!" Eliza blushed.

Angelica's sister never blushed. Ever.

No, no, she can't like him too

"Here's the boy I was telling you about, Angie!"

No, no this can't be happening.

"Nice to meet you Alexander and...?" Angelica painfully motioned to the one behind him.

"Oh, he's John, my childhood friend." Alex's eyes never once left Eliza's. John simply raised a hand and stared down.

What's his problem?

"Mes amies, whenever will we have a drink?" a French man peered over.

"Drinks? Heck yeah!" the buff guy, Hercules came back.

"How's Maria?" Eliza asked.

Hercules' gaze softened. "She decided to walk back to campus."

"Let's have another round tonight you guys!" Alex exclaimed.

Dang, he's cute when he says that

No, Angelica shook her head to get rid of the thought as the French kid brought them some shots.

Both Angelica and John downed their shots in record time.

John's POV

John immediately drank his shot at once without a struggle. He noticed Angelica had done the same. He also noticed Alex and Eliza having a heated discussion about their classes. He sighed.