Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!

Angelica's POV

"ANGIE! WHERE WERE YOU? Hi John. ALEX ASKED ME OUT!" Eliza screeched, jumping around. "I've never felt so helpless until he asked me out!"

Surprisingly, it didn't hurt as much as Angelica feared it would. John, on the other hand, looked crushed.

"Congratulations," John said, rather flatly.

"You okay, John?" Eliza asked concernedly.

"Cold," John quickly answered.

"Come in!" Eliza dragged him in as John stumbled and sat down on the ground.

"Err thanks?" John asked, while Eliza draped a blanket around him.

"So, it was so cute - " Eliza started to say.

"I bet it was," Angelica said warmly.

"Course. Alex is a sweet guy," John put on a plastic smile.

Angelica turned to him. "I'll drop John off to his dorm. Now."

John stood up.

"I told you, we have to get over him!" Angelica whispered.

"I've crushed on him for practically five years now! I get how you can go and get over him, you only knew him for a day!" John snapped, then immediately regretted it as he saw hurt flash in Angie's eyes.

"Don't say that!" Angie looked heartbroken, again."You know what? I don't care. Goodbye John."

"Angie, wait, come on, you know I didn't - " John tried to tell her.

Angelica slammed the door behind herself.

John's POV

John dropped on to his bed and moaned. Girl problems, boy problems!

"You 'kay bro?" Alex asked, from his side of the room.

"Alex?! You're here?!" John panicked "How much did you hear?" John tried to stay calm.

"Enough to know... YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME!" Alex screamed.

"What!?" John felt like he was going to die, right then,

"Just kidding! Jeez take a joke," Alexander laughed

"Pshh, duh!" John's legs trembled.

"I did hear a lot of screaming. Everything okay with you and Angelica?"

"Uh... Yeah, just peachy,"

"Well, cool, because guess what? Eliza and I are an item! I asked her on a date, she said yes!" Alex squealed.

"I know, we heard," John sounded rather bored

"Actually, I said, "Do you want to go out on a date that's totally girlfriend boyfriend date type with me? And she said "Oo - ooh I do, I do, I do, I do - o! Really! With her syllables divided like that and all!" Alex told him.

"Real smooth, Alex. You always had a way with words. Why do you write like you're running out of time?," John almost chuckled, like he did with Angie earlier in the day. He had to fix things between them.

"I'm going to see, uh, people! Could you take care of Angel for me?" John deposited the tank on Alex's bed.

"Angel? That's what you named her?" Alexander smirked

John blushed and ran out of the door. "Don't kill her!"

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.