Chapter 38: Wait... What?

Alex grabbed Eliza and kissed her passionately, while Angelica tried not to cry.

"Alright, alright! That's what I'm talking about! Now, everyone! Give it up, for the maid of honor, Angelica Schuyler!"

Maria started to play Angelica's theme, which they all called Satisfied.

"A toast to the groom!" Angelica cried out, her voice choked with emotion.

"To the groom!" chorused the guests.

"To the bride!" Angelica raised her glass towards Eliza.

"To the bride!" the guests smiled at each other.

"From your sister.... Who is always by your side!" Angelica grinned.

"As are we!" Hercules interrupted.

"Uh, yeah! To your union!" Angelica kept going.

"To the union!" the girls screamed.

"TO NOT BEING SINGLE!" The boys pumped their fists in the air.

"And the hope that you provide," Angelica trailed off, like she was unsure if that would happen. Then she grinned reassuringly at Alex.

"May you always be satisfied," she finished, tears spilling out.

Eliza clutched Alex's hand and hugged her sister.

Hercules skated quickly down the makeshift aisle, throwing flower petals everywhere.

"I'm a flower boy! Wheeeeee!" He exclaimed, turning in a circle.

"Yeah.... He's not the first choice I would've gone with... but... " Alex shook his head fondly.

Maria started to play an upbeat song.

The Washingtons awkwardly hobbled over, and put down the papers.

"Son - " Mr. Washington started.

"I'm so glad I'm your son," Alex replied, nearly crying.

"You've chosen a great woman to marry. Be true." The Washingtons stumbled away.

Alex stared into Eliza's eyes, and there was a moment where no one talked. It was pure silence.

Alexander Hamilton.

Eliza Hamilton.

The fake papers were signed.

"I love you," Eliza whispered.

"I love you, too," Alex grinned.

Peggy barely held in a squeal. Maria and Angelica wiped away tears discreetly. 

"Hey, could I see those papers?" Aaron suddenly asked, approaching them.

He stared critically at the fake papers, his face drawn with confusion.

"Wait, is this your promise wedding or real wedding?" Aaron questioned, pointing at the papers.

"Oh, the papers are just for, like, symbolism," Maria piped in from the piano as she played a soft song.

"No, these are real," Aaron said. "You signed it, it means that you two are officially married."

"WHAT?!" Angelica snatched the papers from Aaron's hands.

"Oops," Maria muttered. 

John looked stunned, then shrugged. "Eh, well. We're graduating pretty soon, no sense of wasting more money."

Angelica's face paled. "But-but, she's too young!"

"It's okay, Angie. I mean, if we got married, would you object?" John's entire face turned a brilliant red at that statement. "Of course, we're just an example. I could use Laf and Peggy or Herc and Maria, or Peggy and Maria, wait what, omigod, yeah, you get what I mean."