Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again

John's POV

John sprinted to his room and shut the door behind him. How could she? After giving him a lecture on getting over Alex she practically imagined herself with him. John slowly slid down against the door and let his tears fall. Was it even possible to have your heart broken twice at the same time?

"John? Please, open the door," he knew that voice.

"Leave. Right now." John moved himself as far away as he could from the door and rolled into a ball.

"Please, I'm sorry," The voice kept banging on the door.

"WHAT PART OF LEAVE DO YOU NOT GET?"

"All of it." Suddenly, the lock clicked and Angelica came into the room.

"Lookimsorryiknowishouldn'thavebutimreallysorryand-"Angelica looked at John's crumpled form.

"Ohmigosh are you okay? Wait, no bad question," Angie knelt beside John.

"John? John!" Angelica gasped. John turned away from her, hiding his face in his knees.

"Angelica, I don't want to talk to you!" His voice came out muffled behind his tears.

"Look, Alex is going to be here in a few minutes, so you really need to, uh-" Angelica tried to tell him.

"What? I took your advice about trying to get over him. And then look at you! I'll just tell him Angel died and you can take her back to the pet store," John looked even worse at the thought of taking Angel away from him.

"Look, John, just come to my dorm, Eliza is at Peggy's," Angelica tried to pick John up. "And I will never return Angel Schuyler-Laurens!"

Instead of picking him up, she tripped over him.

"Dang it, John!" Angelica huffed.

"I just don't understand why you would do that."

"Look, I get that it's hard to get over someone that easily! Look at what I just did."

"Why do you even like him?" John scoffed.

Angelica clenched her fists.

Flashback

Angelica laughed as she danced across the courtyard. Free from her father at last!

She saw Eliza and her dad talking to a cute boy that caught her eye.

"Eliza?" Angelica called.

"This one's mine!" Eliza and grinned.

Angelica made her way across the courtyard. She grabbed the boy's arm and was about to introduce herself.

"You strike me as a girl who's never been satisfied," the boy told her.

Angelica blushed. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean, you forget yourself rude kid!"

"You're just like me," he continued "I'm never satisfied

"Really now?" Angelica turned red.

"I've never been satisfied." The boy sighed.

"The name's Angelica Schuyler,"

"Alexander Hamilton!" Alex introduced himself.

"Where's your fam'ly?" Angelica looked around the boy, expecting to see his parents.

"Unimportant," he blushed. "Just you wait."