Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters

"ANGELICA!" Eliza screamed on the top of her lungs. And when Eliza screamed, it wasn't a normal scream. It was an earth-shattering, loud, high, loud, excited, and loud scream.

"Eliza!" Angelica muttered, trying not to mind.

"The Schuyler Sisters!" John exclaimed quietly, looking horrified as he saw Peggy and Maria way across campus pointing.

"Alexander?" Angelica asked, her eyes widening as she saw Alex sticking his head out from the window, looking amusedly at his girlfriend.

"Hi!" He yelled, nearly falling out of the window.

"It is not good to see any of their faces," Angelica cringed, hiding her face in John's arm.

Which only served to make Eliza squeal higher.

Eliza threw open the car door. "So was this all a set-up? Did you only kiss now, or was it, like, secret?"

"We have been dating ever since Chapter 27, if you must know," Angelica awkwardly said, not knowing if Eliza would unleash her wrath on them, or just squeal so loudly that windows would break.

"No!" Eliza screeched, and then grabbed John and Angie in her arms. "FUTURE BROTHER-IN-LAW FOR REAL NOW!"

John smiled. "So you're cool with... us?"

Eliza grinned. "AM I EVER! WOW, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I WAS WAITING FOR THIS? I THOUGHT I'D GET NOTHING IF I JUST WAIT FOR IT, BUT LOOK! YOU ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER, I CAN'T EVEN!"

Angelica slowly opened the passenger door. "I'll just go no - "

"NO! THIS IS GREAT! WHEN YOU GUYS GO DOWN THE AISLE IN THE PROMISE WEDDING IT'LL BE TOTALLY OKAY! BECAUSE YOU'RE TOGETHER AND STUFF, OMIGOD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Eliza danced where she was standing.

"Words fail," Eliza started sobbing, and clung on to Angie. "I DON'T KNOW WHY I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS TOGETHER SO MUCH!"

Angelica sighed softly and extracted Eliza's death grip on her shirt. "Now, now."

John looked helplessly up at Alex, who had watched the entire scene. "I'm coming!" Alex laughed, trying to climb down from his window .

Peggy and Maria finally reached them. "ANGELICA!"

"Oh, shoot."

oOo

John's POV

Both Angelica and John fell onto the couch, tired from explaining to everyone that they really were together. After Eliza went from happy to sobbing to angry at Alex for climbing down a "twenty story building to meet your future sister-in-law," the squad finally left to get the cake that they had ordered yesterday.

"Well, that was interesting." John sighed.

"At least we don't have to hide ourselves anymore."

"I kinda preferred it that way to be honest. No Elizas trying to force us together anymore."

"Hey, secrets only lead to disaster."

"Remember that time where I forgot to tell you I was married?"

"YOU'RE WHAT?!?!" Angie looked at John incredulously.

"You're so cute when you're jealous." John laughed at Angelica's face.

Angie slapped John.

"Hey!" John rubbed his cheek.

Then Angie leaned in for a kiss, this time with no one to screaming behind them.