Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World

"Okay, open your eyes," John took off the blindfold.

They were at the orchard, the one near the ice cream shop where they first confessed their feelings about Alexander. Near the courtyard where John first kissed her. Near the tree where Angie told him the truth about her scars.

"Well, if it isn't Aaron and Theo Burr!" Theo giggled in her father's hands.

"So, is this the place where you want to get married?" Aaron asked John.

"Wait, we're getting married? Right now?" Angie faced John.

"Surprise! Unless you don't want to." John added.

"Of course I do! It's just that Eliza'll kill me," Angelica looked worriedly at her sister's texts.

"To heck with them. We'll get married, then join them."

"Alright, let's do it,"

Aaron put Theo down and started reciting.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly.... and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish. Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?"

Theo Jr crawled over, with the help of her father, with the rings on a pillow.

Angie laughed and she put the ring on John. "I do."

John smiled wide and repeated the action. "I do!"

"Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have - the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

And that's exactly what John did.

oOo

"And that's how we got married!" Angie retold the story for the hundredth time.

"I'm still salty you didn't invite me," Eliza scoffed.

After getting past Eliza's numerous meltdowns from the small weddings, Angelica finally had the time to retell the story of it all.

"And here I thought I'd be the best man," Alex said, patting John on the back..

"Sorry, sorry!" John chuckled, smiling. "No hard feelings, man!"

Eliza sighed. "But you guys didn't invite m - "

Angelica interrupted her quickly. "So! Decided on a name yet?"

"Angel Schuyler-Laurens!" Alex yelled.

"Alex, that's not what we decided!" Eliza admonished him, looking thunderous."Philip Alexander Hamilton if it's a boy, and Angelica Rachel Hamilton if it's a girl."

Angelica looked elated. "But I'm not naming my kid Eliza, so sorry,"

"No, no! John left me in charge of the turtle... and I left it in the dining room with Mr. Hansen!" Alex yelped, already running to the cafeteria.