1

Riverdale seemed like your average small town

Riverdale seemed like your average small town. Everyone knew everyone so you would think they all got along. The Rodriguez Family were those type of people who got along with everyone. They never bothered anybody and were a few of the decent people left in Riverdale. Sophia Rodriguez had grown up in Riverdale during a more simpler time. She attended Riverdale High and worked at her father's auto shop, Brenda's,as a mechanic. Sophia had been learning to work fix cars since she was small. She was happy in Riverdale, it was a joyous town.

But the death of Jason Blossom changed all of that. In fact, his death changed the town. It surely changed Sophia Rodriguez, especially because she knew Jason. She wouldn't call them friends, more like acquaintances. Sophia was the last person to see Jason alive at Brenda's. There's a small gas station in front of the auto shop and Jason was there filling up an old car. Sophia knew something was wrong because Jason wasn't in his usual cherry red Chevy convertible. But she still didn't go outside and ask him. And Sophia regretted it everyday.

With the new school year came a new girl, Veronica Lodge. Daughter of the infamous Hiram Lodge who was currently serving time for fraud and embezzlement. The two girls had spoken to each other on the first day and Sophia thought she was nice. The next day, the thing all of Riverdale hoped wouldn't happen became reality. Jason Blossom's body was found by Kevin Keller and Moose the night of the dance.

The next day, the shrine for Jason had grown immensely. Sophia would know because her locker is right next to his. She stood there with Archie looking down at the candles and flowers, not even noticing  Jughead Jones approaching.

"Do you think I could use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of PE? 'Sorry, Coach. I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull-ups'" Jughead joked.

"Don't joke about Jason Blossom" Sophia says, taking her eyes off the shrine.

"What? Sardonic humor is just my way of relating to the world" Jughead looks behind me at the jocks approaching down the hallway, "Look, it's the rich kids from The Goonies. Alright, I'm out."

Sophia and Archie watched as Jughead tried to get past Chuck, Reggie, and Moose which resulted in Reggie purposely knocking into him.

"Watch it, Wednesday Addams" Reggie says causing Sophia to roll her eyes.

She hikes her bag up on her shoulder and walks the same was as Jughead, avoiding the boys. Not because she was scared, but because she didn't have time for their idiocy. Reggie watches Sophia as she passed, not giving him an ounce of attention, which confused him. Sophia quickly caught up to Jughead in the hallway.

"Jug!" She yelled, causing him to turn around.

Sophia takes his a before pulling him towards the secluded stairwell.