7

Sophia woke up the next morning to a text from Reggie

Hey, I'm picking you up for school in 15.

Sophia instantly darts out of the bed and into her closet. She pulls on some black ripped jeans and a blue t-shirt. She sits on the ottoman in front of her bed, latching up her leg brace, before pulling on a pair of ankle boots. 

The young girl races to the bathroom only to find it locked.

"C'mon Elena, you're gonna make me late!" Sophia banged on the door.

The door flies open to see Sophia's older sister with a piece of her hair in a curling iron.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Elena asks.

Sophia walks around her and grabs her toothbrush and some toothpaste.

"Reggie is coming to pick me up" Sophia says, as she begins to brush her teeth.

"The Mantle boy?" She asks.

Sophia nods.

"Is there like, something going on between you two?" Elena asks.

Sophia avoids the question and spits into the sink. She rinses out her mouth before spitting again.

"Reggie asked me out" She says nonchalantly.

"Like you're his girlfriend?" Elena asks.

Sophia nods once again, while pulling her hair into its usual ponytail. Just as Elena was about to stay something else, a car honked its horn outside.

"Gotta go" The young girl runs out of the bathroom, down the stairs, and grabs her bag before running out of the door.

Reggie sits before her in his deep black sports car. She quickly gets in and puts on her seatbelt, then turns towards the boy.

"Hey" she smiled.

"Hey" he smiled back, before leaning to kiss the girl.

It was weird at first. I guess neither of them had ever thought they would make it this far into the relationship. But Reggie quickly corrected himself and put on that Mantle the Magnificent charm. And it was definitely working on Sophia. She was immune to it before but now that the two we're dating and she was seeing Reggie in a different light.

The two pull apart and Reggie begins to drive to school.

"So are we telling people about this thing going on between us?" He asks, raking a hand through his hair.

"I mean it's not really a big deal so it doesn't matter me" Sophia shrugged.

"Alright so let's just let it be known" he suggests.

"Ok" She smile.

When the two see Betty, Archie, and Veronica approaching, the two let go of each other's hands and put a little space in between them.

"You two are actually talking to each other and there's no yelling at each other or fists being thrown" Veronica says.

"Yeah, we got over that a while ago" Reggie says wrapping an arm around Sophia, "We're best buds now, right?".

"Yeah" Sophia laughs and pushes his arm off of her.

"Alright well we have a Biology class to get to" Betty says.

The three of them walk away from the couple. As soon as they're far enough, the two walk into the stairwell and break out into laughter.

"I guess we weren't quite ready" Reggie laughs.

"Yeah, maybe we should wait until we're used to our relationship to tell other people" Sophia smiles.

"I totally agree" Reggie says.

"Alright, I have to get to class" Sophia begins to back away.

Before she can, Reggie grabs her hand and pulls her close to him.

"Just because we're not telling people doesn't mean we can't do this" he grabs her by the small of her back and pulls her in for a kiss. It lasts for a few seconds before Sophia pulls away, "I gotta go, so do you". She makes the 'shoo' motion to the boy and the two go their separate ways. But what they didn't know was that Cheryl Blossom was a floor down and heard the entire scandalous conversation.