13

"Hi honey" Brenda says

Standing before Sophia is her mother. She doesn't look much different. She was still the same height but her dark hair had grown to the middle of her back. Sophia didn't know what to do. She just stood there with her mouth open.

"Well let her in, Sophia" Michael spoke.

Sophia just stepped aside and watched as her mother walked in. Elena stood by the kitchen, eyes wide. Brenda looked around the room admiringly.

"You guys didn't change anything" She smiled.

"Why are you here?" Sophia blurts out.

"Sophia!" Elena scolds, "What she means is why did you come back all of a sudden?"

"Well, when I left, I went to Ohio. I voluntarily entered a mental institution where they helped me get on my meds. When I got better, they released me and I found an apartment. I got a steady job at furniture store and made enough money to come here" Brenda says.

"So that's it. You just think that you can come back and we'll be one big happy family again?" Sophia seethes, "I was only ten years old when you left, Elena was fourteen".

"I understand Sophia, but you have to understand that I was sick. I had to leave to so that I could come back and be a better mom and wife. I know I missed out on a lot, 6 years to be exact. But I'm here now. And all I'm asking for is another chance, please" Her mother begs.

"I say yes" Elena says, causing Sophia to cut her eyes at her,

She's suppose to be on my side, Sophia thinks to herself.

"C'mon Soph, give her a chance" Michael says.

Brenda looks at her pleadingly.

"Whatever, I'm leaving. Take my room if you'd like" Sophia says before grabbing her jacket and walking out the door.

She walked and she walked until she made it to the opposite end of the Southside. Dozens of bikers were scattered around the parking lot. Sophia hesitated before walking into the Whyte Wyrm. She walked up to the bar to speak to the pink haired girl serving drinks.

"Hey Toni, where's Tall Boy?" Sophia asked.

"By the pool table. I hope this means what I think it does" Toni says, wiping down the bar.

Sophia smirks and turns. She approaches Tall Boy who is cueing up a new pool game.

"Tall Boy, can we talk?" Sophia asked.